Different look of application on Nvidia Shiels and generic Android TV

TaurohtaR

TaurohtaR

Hello all,

I have 2 Android TV boxes:

- Nvidia Shield 2017

- Generic H96 Max Android Box

What I started to notice recently that on Shield application looks awesome with big pictures all in full size and no text/image cropping, but at the same time on H96 all items in the application are smaller than on Shield. For instance, when opening  Movies collection images are cropped and not all cover visible. Playback controls not aligned correctly.

Is that intended behavior and how can I fix Emby for Android TV to have the same look and feel like in Nvidia Shield?

Edited by TaurohtaR

Hi, what apps are you running on these devices? The Emby for Android TV app? Or the Emby mobile app?

TaurohtaR

Hi, what apps are you running on these devices? The Emby for Android TV app? Or the Emby mobile app?

I'm using Emby for Android TV.

A lot of the generic Android "TV" boxes do not report their dpi properly to the system which throws everything for a loop.  The app tries to account for this the best it can but there can be display problems like this with the cheap boxes.

What version of Android is it?

Is it actually running Android TV?  IOW does it have the proper leanback launcher or a bunch of buttons and a status bar like a phone?

Have you modified any zoom or text size settings?

TaurohtaR

It is Android 7.1.2

As far as I know, it is clean Android with a custom launcher for easier remote control. But it still has the status bar at the top which might be hidden.

No zoom or text size modification.

And I remember this behavior since I bought H96 Max. Only after purchasing Nvidia Shield I understood that there is some issue on H96 Max.

Here is the link to the review of the box and on the bottom of the page, there is a video that shows how UI looks.

https://www.wirelesshack.org/review-h96-max-rk3399-six-core-4gb-ram-4k-android-tv-box.html

Edited by TaurohtaR

mastrmind11

It is Android 7.1.2

As far as I know, it is clean Android with a custom launcher for easier remote control. But it still has the status bar at the top which might be hidden.

No zoom or text size modification.

And I remember this behavior since I bought H96 Max. Only after purchasing Nvidia Shield I understood that there is some issue on H96 Max.

Here is the link to the review of the box and on the bottom of the page, there is a video that shows how UI looks.

https://www.wirelesshack.org/review-h96-max-rk3399-six-core-4gb-ram-4k-android-tv-box.html

That thing is not an official Android TV box, so therefore either running plain Android or some hacked up chinese version of "Android TV".  That explains why they look different.