Monitor going crazy

ebr

Nothing to do with MB but has anyone ever seen anything like this before?  When certain content is displayed on only one of my four monitors, it goes crazy.  This happens with an old version of Outlook that I use but also with some content on some web pages and in other programs.  Watch what happens as I move Outlook on and off of the troublesome monitor.

I don't think it is the video card because there are two monitors hooked up to this same card and the other one doesn't do it.  Only this one.  Is the actual monitor going bad?

And if you swap the monitors, what happens?

I have thought of trying that to confirm it is the physical monitor but haven't done it yet because my other monitor on this card is a different resolution.

snazy2000

Looks to me like graphics card issue. Could be certain port on gpu weirder things have happend lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

gthrift

Possibly a bad card, bad port on card or monitor, bad monitor, or bad cable.  

I would switch the ports on two monitors and see what happens.

JeremyFr79

It appears it could be the image processor in the monitor going bad, reason I say this it seems to stabilize when theres no motion and goes haywire the minute pixels need to change.  I am by no means an expert and could be completely wrong though ;)

I switched the ports on the card and the same monitor did the same thing.  So, I guess that means it is the monitor itself.

It isn't motion but it is specific content.  The outlook window always causes the problem and some content in some other windows do too.  Sometimes the whole screen just goes dark.

When if first started happening, it only seemed to happen when the monitor was "cold" and stopped happening once it had been on for several minutes.  Now, though, it seems to be almost constant.

AgileHumor

We had the same problem for an office dual monitor setup where this was happening on one of them...ended up replacing the monitor and it never returned.

JeremyFr79

I switched the ports on the card and the same monitor did the same thing.  So, I guess that means it is the monitor itself.

It isn't motion but it is specific content.  The outlook window always causes the problem and some content in some other windows do too.  Sometimes the whole screen just goes dark.

When if first started happening, it only seemed to happen when the monitor was "cold" and stopped happening once it had been on for several minutes.  Now, though, it seems to be almost constant.

Could be more of a drastic change in contrast causing the issue more than motion then, i.e. going from a dark background to a mainly white window forcing the pixels to go from partially open to full open.