Fire TV 2nd gen buffing issue

Randalllind

Randalllind

I am new and no matter what I do Emby pauses every 30 sec or so when playing movies. I don't see this issue with TV Shows or when I use chrome with my laptop. If anyone know how to fix this please explan.

The movies are mp4. I am using ExoPlayer. I tried VLC but it doesn't seem to play anything and MX Player Pro white circle spins.

Edited by Randalllind

gnollo

I have not used an external player yet, most people seem to use VLC, which is the best external player to use?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

mastrmind11

I am new and no matter what I do Emby pauses every 30 sec or so when playing movies. I don't see this issue with TV Shows or when I use chrome with my laptop. If anyone know how to fix this please explan.

The movies are mp4. I am using ExoPlayer. I tried VLC but it doesn't seem to play anything and MX Player Pro white circle spins.

well what is the content info?  Is it being transcoded?  attach the logs.

I have not used an external player yet, most people seem to use VLC, which is the best external player to use?

None.

Hi.  Try lowering the bitrate setting in the app.  It just sounds like you are trying to play content that the device or network cannot handle.

Randalllind

Hi.  Try lowering the bitrate setting in the app.  It just sounds like you are trying to play content that the device or network cannot handle.

I decided to sideload the android app and uninstall  the Fire TV app and no issues. I have no idea why the Fire TV app has issues.

mastrmind11

Where do I get the logs?

on the server, wherever the logs are being stored.  check the dashboard, down toward the bottom it will outline which directories are used for what.

Edited by mastrmind11

Randalllind

on the server, wherever the logs are being stored.  check the dashboard, down toward the bottom it will outline which directories are used for what.

Not my server I have a invite. I will contract the owner

Randalllind

LOL, why even have an option for an external player then...

VLC all it does on my FTV is really fast gives me like a paragraph of text on why it can't play. MX Player works. 

Randalllind

I guess Emby wasn't installed right After I removed the FireTV App and sideloaded the Android and it worked. I removed and reinstalled FTV app and all seems to be fine now.

Edited by Randalllind

I guess Emby wasn't installed right After I removed the FireTV App and sideloaded the Android and it worked. I removed and reinstalled FTV app and all seems to be fine now.

My guess as to why that would be the case would be due to some option that you changed at some point in the app settings and the uninstall/reinstall set everything back to defaults.