M3U Playlist Questions

pir8radio

pir8radio

Some of the "providers" I'm looking into have tags within the descriptions to set playlist font colors.   Can emby strip these out? Or ignore these?  like ignore anything within brackets display the rest?   The reason i'm asking is it changes often and I don't want to have to manually edit the m3u all the time.  Maybe an additional option to strip tags or use regex or something?

#EXTINF:-1,[COLOR red][B]ASPIRE[COLOR white] 1080[/B][/COLOR]
http://blahblah.com/1829.ts
#EXTINF:-1,[COLOR red][B]AMC[COLOR white] 720[/B][/COLOR]
http://blahblah.com/1862.ts
#EXTINF:-1,[COLOR deepskyblue][B]CINEMAX OUTERMAX[COLOR white] 1080[COLOR red] [/B][/COLOR]
http://blahblah.com/1833.ts
#EXTINF:-1,[COLOR orangered][B]SHOWCASE[COLOR white] HD[/B][/COLOR]
http://blahblah.com/1085.ts 
Edited by pir8radio

schmitty

I didn’t know Emby actually supported those extra m3u headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pir8radio

I didn’t know Emby actually supported those extra m3u headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They dont, thats why im suggesting they filter them out.    Right now it displays

[COLOR red][B]ASPIRE[COLOR white] 1080[/B][/COLOR] 

as the channel title.   I have to go through and manually remove all of the tags so I have "ASPIRE HD"   or "ASPIRE 1080"

Edited by pir8radio

Jennice

Hi guys,

I'm also having issues with my channel lineup vs EPG (xml file).

Is it correctly understood that the m3u list "translates" the list of channels from HDHomeRun to Emby, assigning user-friendly names?

I need to tinker with my m3u list, too. But I can't find it. any hint as to where I should look?

Hi, if you are using an HD Homerun then you would not use the M3U feature. The M3U feature is for importing iptv.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

Hi guys,

Is it correctly understood that the m3u list "translates" the list of channels from HDHomeRun to Emby, assigning user-friendly names?

I need to tinker with my m3u list, too. But I can't find it. any hint as to where I should look?

Luke, on 04 Oct 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:snapback.png

Hi, if you are using an HD Homerun then you would not use the M3U feature. The M3U feature is for importing iptv.

@@Jennice your from the UK you would probably need this....

http://www.xmltv.co.uk/feed/6128 Will Download all the UK Movie Channels Guide Info.

Then just Map those to your Channels.

Nvrmind...Didn't quite understand your situation. :D

Edited by EODCrafter

pir8radio

Hi guys,

yea long story short if you use HDhomerun you would just get schedules direct and it will work right away, ive never had an issue with this setup if you are in the USA.

Jennice

I live in Denmark, northern Europe.

Schedules Direct claim to have coverage, but they only cover ~50% of the channels of the (by far) biggest danish TV provider. So I'm happy I only subscribed for 2 months.

I found a scandinavian EPG provider which seems to have better coverage. But they provide me with a big XML file containing all the data, and the channel names don't match those of the TV provider, so the EPG won't be mapped.

That's why I am trying to figure out how to rename the channels in Emby or HD Homerun.

Since you have an account with them, I'm curious, what countries do they have data for? Thanks.

Jennice

It's mainly scandinavia (and the channels which are imports to scandinavia), giving a claimed >800 channels. But I never got the subscription, as they use fixed channel names (which I can't edit), so it's not usable to me.

For now, I suppose I have to stick with WebGrab++.

Which reminds me... I found out something interesting (Shame on you, YouSee! ) YouSee is Denmark's biggest TV provider.

It seems that they have replaced some channel name letters with special characters, looking like letters.

This means that when I type a channel name in my WebGrab XML file, the EPG content is not mapped to an Emby channel.

But if I open Emby in a web browser, click "Live TV", mark a channel name, copy it, and paste that into the WebGrab config list, it works!

I don't have all my channels mapped yet, but getting better. It's tedious work, though. Fortunately I only have to do it once.

Jennice

These EPG challenges move channel re-naming or mapping to custom names even more desireable.

The channels can't be renamed in the HDHomeRun software.