"Culture is not supported. Parameter name: Culture 4096 (0x1000) is an invalid culture identifier.

toffee_123
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

toffee_123

I receive this error message when opening the metadata settings. I can select a language, but the country dropdown menu is blank. I've tested in Firefox and Chrome.

Media Browser Version 3.0.5211.41935

ffhhfGq.jpg

IcyBergals

You could try manually entering a language in the system.xml file to see if that solves it.  The file is located in AppData > Roaming > MebiaBrowser-Server > config.  Make sure you save a back-up copy before making any changes.  Open the file up in Notepad or any other text editor and do a search (ctrl + f) for culture.  It was near the very bottom in my settings, the 8th to last line is <UICulture>en-us</UICulture>.  

toffee_123

I have the same line in system.xml. Tried removing "en-us", also removed the line completely and it defaulted back to <UICulture>en-us</UICulture> upon restarting the server.

Edited by toffee_123

toffee_123

I don't know if this is relevant, but if I restart the server it sends me back to the setup wizard. I couldn't get past the language step on the wizard (same issue as in the main settings), so had to skip and go directly to the main page. But it defaults back to the wizard every time I restart the server, as it wasn't ever completed.

There are also references to culture in  \AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe.config

Edited by toffee_123

IcyBergals

Have you tried uninstalling and doing a fresh install?  Make sure to check the Remove All Traces checkbox when uninstalling.

I know when some people install programs they need to right click the exe and run as administrator.  Might be worth a shot.

Sorry I wasn't able to offer any real help but hopefully with the error log someone with some actual knowledge can step up and help you out.

toffee_123

Have you tried uninstalling and doing a fresh install?  Make sure to check the Remove All Traces checkbox when uninstalling.

I know when some people install programs they need to right click the exe and run as administrator.  Might be worth a shot.

Sorry I wasn't able to offer any real help but hopefully with the error log someone with some actual knowledge can step up and help you out.

I just tried this, but the same error comes up.

WWWestern

<UICulture> is related to interface language. Your's  <PreferredMetadataLanguage> and <MetadataCountryCode>. Set 1st as 'en' and 2nd as 'US' (both without the quotes).

BTW Culture Id 4096 related to custom culture that is unsupported in SQL. Probably is offending metadata from TMDb (they have custom language "no language"). Remove it. Maybe need rebuild library.db by deleting this file.

• Solution

Nothing needs to be rebuilt. your windows registry has an invalid culture and we're not handling the error. it will be fixed for the  next release.

• Like 1