Option to remove "Folders"

unisoft

unisoft

In new Emby Theatre client today 1.1.228.0, I noticed FOLDERS menu option at top of the screen.

I don't like this or see the need for it, can we have an option to disable the FOLDERS view please?

If meta data correct, I wouldn't need this view. It shouldn't be there unless admin wants it there.

In fact most of these menu options should be admin selectable options to show or not.

5bb21306a07b0_topmenuet.jpg

Edited by unisoft
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
unisoft

I can't believe no comments on this?

I really HATE (and that's a strong word!) the FOLDERS option.

To me, it should be configurable (as in Upcoming, Favorites and Suggestions) on the server side. If meta data is correct, there is ZERO need for this menu option!

I am not going to pay for Emby Lifetime until this is sorted - I do not understand the feet dragging I have read in other pages about letting users decide what menu options they want visible or not.

For me, it detracts from otherwise good work being done - this option alone, devalues the experience and makes it like a file explorer option!

"Shows" is really "A-Z" - more meaningful with that description (and translates better) because that's exactly what it is, with an A-Z picker down the side.

Even the ordering feels wrong, "Favourites Suggestions Genres Networks Upcoming A-Z" would be better, and with sticky remembrance by a default option on the server side config. I usually use the GENRES the most. Right now that's several clicks away from entering the main television library homepage which is bad user experience. Lets have ability to set default menu option in server side config or user side please. You already have the UI just the options are not there!

Edited by unisoft

I like options.  I personally would prefer it as an option PER LIBRARY.

I don't like/want it on Movies and TV Shows but use it for Sports. :)

• Like 2

I like options.  I personally would prefer it as an option PER LIBRARY.

I don't like/want it on Movies and TV Shows but use it for Sports. :)

So, why didn't you "like" this topic...?

• 1 month later...
unisoft

This is a bug in my view as there IS a server side setting on my Synology NAS, to only have FOLDERS option shown if the option is ticked.

Unticking the option (its always been unticked before FOLDERS started to appear in Android and Theatre apps) and the code just isngores it.

I really hate the FOLDERS menu option - its for lazy media files without meta data or files that cant have meta data in them due to format. For people who have spent ages doing their meta-data this option is not generally required.