Live TV

roberto188

• 4 weeks later...
pir8radio

I'll put my issue in this topic since its so broad lol....    

I've been noticing non-network related pauses (very short glitches using MPV) zero issues when forced transcoding.  Only during direct streaming.   In the same house at the same time firetv is just fine...  Which is strange, I don't know what the differences are but something is strange.    Hardware is Nvidia shield.    If I pause the stream for a few mins, it seems to help, so I feel like its a buffering issue, that is not enough buffer..   Its not network speed, both hardwired, again firetv is fine, speedtest to my server is fine as well.    

I'll put my issue in this topic since its so broad lol....    

I've been noticing non-network related pauses (very short glitches using MPV) zero issues when forced transcoding.  Only during direct streaming.   In the same house at the same time firetv is just fine...  Which is strange, I don't know what the differences are but something is strange.    Hardware is Nvidia shield.    If I pause the stream for a few mins, it seems to help, so I feel like its a buffering issue, that is not enough buffer..   Its not network speed, both hardwired, again firetv is fine, speedtest to my server is fine as well.    

Just for grins, try running the Shield wireless...

pir8radio

will do, Ill set it up today.

• 3 weeks later...
pir8radio

I forgot to respond, thought i did lol...    Wireless works!    I tried 4k videos and i was getting pauses, on wired connection, changed to wireless and issues went away...   Seems opposite, why is that?

Edited by pir8radio

I forgot to respond, thought i did lol...    Wireless works!    I tried 4k videos and i was getting pauses, on wired connection, changed to wireless and issues went away...   Sees opposite, why is that?

These devices are run wireless by probably 90% of users so that's how the thing is designed and tested is my guess.  Theoretically, wired should be faster but that depends on a lot of assumptions about exactly how that interface is implemented as well as the wiring and other factors.

• Like 1

pir8radio

Interesting.

yea.....   I mean if it was someone else i would have said something was messed up with their wired network...  but my multiple wireless AP's are attached to the wired network, all to a core gigabit managed switch.   I used a netprobe 2000 to speedtest all of my connections when i ran them lol..   So I know it's the nvidia shield.    very strange.