Saturday Night Live marked as Repeat?

Sammy
Go to solution Solved by garyan2,

I sent this to Schedules Direct but got to thinking this may not be their issue as it shows Repeat in blue but Premier in the "genre" section below in Emby. Maybe it is epg123? Maybe it is Emby?

NBC4-LA (4.1 Los Angeles) shows Saturday Night Live, Season 44, Episode 
1, 2018-09-29, as a Repeat when it should be shown as a Premier. I'm 
having to tell Emby to record all instead of new in order to get it to 
record which is fine for now but this needs to be fixed before I end up 
with a slew of unwanted repeats.

@@Luke

@@garyan2

Edited by Sammy

I'm showing the premiere coming on at 8:29PM here and repeated at 10:30PM... there are 2 showings of the premiere on 9/29. Do you see both? and is the first the New/Premiere?

Check your guide data.

Yes.. I am now.

I'm showing the premiere coming on at 8:29PM here and repeated at 10:30PM... there are 2 showings of the premiere on 9/29. Do you see both? and is the first the New/Premiere?

Another yes. Since I set it to record all, both recordings are scheduled. As far as I know, SNL has always been on at 11:30. maybe this is a Schedules Direct / Gracenote issue? Maybe not. How to tell?

• Solution

I don't think there is an issue. If you select to record NEW episodes only, does it not set the 8:29PM episode to record? The 11:30PM is a repeat of that first episode according to both zap2it and tvguide.com.

• Like 1

I'm finding out the same thing, I just don't ever remember SNL being on so early LIVE on the west coast. Forever it was re-broadcast for us but maybe I just didn't notice as it was set in WMC to record for years and I always watched it later.

• 2 months later...
rliepins

OK, I'm bringing this up myself.  Yes, SNL does show at an earlier time, but it is NOT a new episode, rather an older one.  It skips the 11:30 show, I think, because it doesn't think that is a new one due to the earlier showing.  Something must be up with the schedule or something, but it ain't right.  In my case, it comes on at 10pm and shows it as new in the guide, but it is not new.  Clearly there is something wrong.

Perhaps the new guide we are going to be seeing soon will fix this.

In any event, I just record SNL not matter if it is a repeat or not at 11:30...

garyan2

The guide listings (from both Gracenote and Rovi) show that the 9:29 PM showing is LIVE ... meaning it is 11:29 PM on the east coast. NBC then will show it again on the west coast at 11:29 PM which is normal time. It is correct that emby records the first and not the second.

If you are saying the 9:29 PM showing is a repeat, then it is Gracenote and Rovi (and I would assume NBC) that is wrong, not emby.

rliepins

Thanks.  I didn't think it was Emby, rather the guide data...  My saying something is wrong was directed at Schedules Direct (in my case).  Nothing to be done, I don't think.

Thanks. I didn't think it was Emby, rather the guide data... My saying something is wrong was directed at Schedules Direct (in my case). Nothing to be done, I don't think.

Need to file a schedule issue with SiliconDust. I haven't had time yet..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk