CoverArt BoxSets

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

moviefan

How does CoverArt determine treatment for boxsets if "Treatment by definition instead of by type" is selected?

I am starting to see certain boxsets treated with the weird blank treatment again like I was seeing before for movies; which required me to refresh to fix; but refreshing is not fixing these ones.

It looks like some of them are marked SD or HD properly but not sure where this is coming from or why it is blank on certain ones.

FYI I am still using manual boxset collections with collection.xml files.

Pictures would really help here but CA attempts to use the type of the first child in the box set if you haven't mapped a specific cover for Box Sets themselves.

moviefan

Some pictures:

Here you can see all boxsets except Tremors has normal treatment.

5346a74f32c2a_ca.png

Tremors Icon only has three discs instea of two on it for some reason also even though there are actually four movies.  Inside of Tremors you can see they are all treated as HD....

5346a788d9d9d_ca2.png

Just not sure why I am seeing that type of blank treatment on Tremors.  I've tried removing from collection, rescanning, adding back in, etc.  But it keeps treating it the same.

I would almost prefer to just have the standard treatment for boxsets but I suppose this isn't possible since they are in the same folder as everything else?  If not, just want to try and have it consistent.  thanks.

• Solution

Hmmm... I wonder if that tremors image is stuck in the cache or something.  What version of CA do you have?

If you want them all to be treated with a "Box Set" cover instead of the specific ones, go to "Specific Covers" in your profile and map "BoxSet" to "Box Set".  In fact, doing that may fix the Tremors one as well as it will force it to re-build.

• Like 1

moviefan

Okay I messed around with this a bit and have set it up so coverart is just doing the Rounded treatment to my boxsets now which I like.  There is some weird cache that isnt being refreshed because if i delete the boxset specific mapping it goes back to how it was for everything.

Question - Was CoverArt responsible for putting those little disc image icons on the top of the boxset covers or is this something else?  I noticed they are gone with this setup now.  Not a big deal but kind of curious as to why it would work with cover by definition but not with specific cover selected.

The discs were a part of the treatment style.  If you want them, you need to select the "DiamondCDs" treatment style for your box sets.  Or one of the other "CDs" flavors.  There isn't a "RoundedCDs".

You didn't answer my question about the version of CA...

• Like 1

moviefan

Sorry about that.  v 4.0.5.6

Yah DiamondCDs did the trick.

Thanks!

Edited by moviefan