Backdrops persist outside of the folder/page it was intended for

unisoft
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

unisoft

I've noticed that when I am in a movie title, and the backdrop is shown, or music videos, if I go back to the home screen, the logo.png can stay on the top left of screen and the movie backdrop on the home screen (horizontal view).

This doesn't seem correct to me? surely going out of the section you were in, should cancel the backdrop and logo showing?

I think the Emby Theatre app is correct - but only installed it for a short while.

• Solution

This is not by design, and I haven't seen this in my testing, but will keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

• Like 1

unisoft

Hi Luke

A bit more info.

1. I was using the ROKU client this morning (3810X stick) and noticed that the backdrops are correct compared to the LG client.

If I go into music video librray, the back drops show correctly for folders "Pop", "Blues", "Rock", "Reggae" etc. and when I use the back button to come out, the backdrops disappear. This would be utilising backdrop.jpg.

2. On the Emby Theatre client, in music library, the currently selected option tile is enlarged (very left of the screen) - Can the LG app do this please? I also logged in another topic, that the LG app needed more spacing between the horizontal sections to show separated content for each section heading, and I also mentioned LARGER fonts for the TOP menu, and the horizontal layout sections. PLEASE PLEASE can this be done? It should be an easy tweak to do, also make them BOLD to stand out - you need to draw the viewers eye to the headings of each section to prevent initial new user confusion.....

n the Emby Theatre client, in music library, the currently selected option tile is enlarged (very left of the screen) - Can the LG app do this please?

Unfortunately no, the animation just isn't fast enough on the smart tv. We might be able to do it for 2018 models, but not for older ones.

Sure but that would look bad. I think what we are doing is the best approach when the animation isn't feasible.