How To Populate "Music Videos" under Music

AgileHumor

AgileHumor

I have videos in a subfolder of music...however nothing populates.

post-424-0-36344300-1397088556_thumb.png

Edited by AgileHumor

buddyweiser

I had this issue. I had to go into the server and manually edit the metadata for each video to include the artist name it's associated with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

AgileHumor

I don't see a way to add the artist to a video file.  Only movie related things like Studio, etc.

trooper11

I'm not looking forward to having to create all of the meta data for my music videos from scratch.  Maybe someday there will be a proper source for music video metadata.

Or maybe someone could rig up an app that can scan your music videos and, based on the filename, create the tag with the artist and title info.  That would be a good start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AgileHumor

I'm sorry, I consider myself a smart person.  However, Wiki is nowhere in the navigation structure. 

A Bing search also is not helpful:

http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=BDT3DF&PC=BDT3&q=media+browser+wiki 

Update, found it here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/wiki/Library-Structure

Looks like a need solo collection for this.

Edited by AgileHumor

AgileHumor

Of what?   Are you pointing me to the same page that I posted a link of...or a new page KB page?

My last post of a "solo collection of music videos" was the answer to my problem.  I wanted to help others answer the original question "how do I populate music videos".    No other forum post existed on the topic. 

Edited by AgileHumor

jamvids

Hi, I have started by structuring my music vids this way (in the wiki), should this then scrape any websites or is it still a manual effort. I can see that it creates a poster image but doesn't fill in anything else in. Wikipedia would be a good method (scrape) as I usually just nick everything from that and google images for poster.