Docker

grizlyadams

grizlyadams

Well if there are two users, maybe the other one is the admin?

!  yes, I did try that - they are both named exactly the same and the login only logs in as the non admin user, irrespective of which one you click to login with.

I fixed that by looking at the policy.xml file and finding the one with administrator = true and deleting all the others so there was only the admin one left and got in that way. Not that its helped at all - it's still as broken as it was two and a half weeks ago. :( :( :( :(

Edited by grizlyadams

grizlyadams

Ok - so I installed a fresh beta version, added a single library. I didn't copy any of the config folders over, so it was a completely fresh Emby-beta docker with a single user created by going thru the setup wizard.

Same problem.

I tried with both vaapi enabled and transcoding accel set to none. Logs attached.

beta-ffmpeg-none-Log.txt

beta-ffmpeg-vaapi-Log.txt

beta-server-none-Log.txt

beta-server-vaapi-Log.txt

grizlyadams

These logs look OK. What exactly did you try to do?

I tried to play various tv shows (that i know have played fine in before a couple of weeks ago) and had the same playback error as in post #4 in this thread.

Edited by grizlyadams

grizlyadams

The emby beta was working this morning when i tried it, so not sure what was going on last night when I tested and it failed. So, as it was working I moved files/folder over one by one from my original, non-working docker until it broke. It broke when I moved the library.db

Turns out it was a mismatch between the library paths in the config and the paths in the docker. Whilst everything looked ok from within Emby, ie the libraries were there and could be browsed,  the failed upgrade of the docker seems to have wrecked the paths.

I've lost most of my watched and playback history as have all of my users, but at least it's playing video now.

Some observations whilst I was working thru this ...

some watched/playback history is there, but not all of it.

the new EmbyBeta i installed when I was trying does not have an ffmpeg folder in its appdata folder.

even when the library files were copied over to the Beta install, the folders were correct in the webUI for the users, but in the admin backend they were still the folders specified when i set up the Beta docker.

thanks to all who tried to help.