Actor's Appearances in Other Media

notla49285

notla49285

At the moment if you browse an actor's page it will list which movies and TV shows they have starred in, with the movie/series name as the title and year as the subtitle.

Could this be changed to show the same title but set the character that the actor played as the subtitle? So for example, the actor Morgan Freeman would return something like:

Batman Begins - 2005

Bruce Almighty - 2003

London Has Fallen - 2016

The Shawshank Redemption - 1994

Could this be changed to:

Batman Begins - Lucius Fox

Bruce Almighty - God

London Has Fallen - VP Allan Trumbull

The Shawshank Redemption - Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding

When browsing movies for a particular actor, don't know about other Emby users but for me the film year is irrelevant at this point, I'd rather know who the actor played in the film.

I'm afraid I represent the flip-side of this request. Since mouse-over detail no longer includes the year, I'd prefer it appear below the poster in all cases. I'll click into the film detail if I'm curious about a specific actor's role. YMMV

notla49285

I'll click into the film detail if I'm curious about a specific actor's role.

Depending on how many actors/other people are listed for a movie, this can be a real pain in the arse. I find the movie year to be completely irrelevant when viewing from the actor page. When browsing movies, yes, when browsing actors, no.

Problem being our preferences are completely subjective. I was OK with the way things were, but see no value in this request. I also acknowledge this is just one man's opinion. Curious to see how the community responds.