"Access is denied" on a specific folder

djhifi

Ok so I've installed .NET Core in Synology and everything is working flawlessly besides one thing:

Despite the "embysvr" user has changed to "embysvrnet", I've attributed him the same permissions.

Checking the logs, I'm seeing lots of "access is denied" to .nfo's on a specific HDD (TV Shows folder inside that HDD, in this case).

Despite this error, the files (TV shows folder) are getting added to the library but I'm seeing this thrown into the logs for all the shows that I have on that specific path (scroll right when you open the picture please):

nIrCrLr.jpg

I've also noticed that the Emby Server/Metada Saver is creating the .nfo with the username "1058" which doesn't exist in my list of Synology users. Wierd?

I don't think it's correlated with "access is denied" since on other paths, I've checked and that same user "1058" is also the owner of several .nfos. But why does the Synology create files under this owned-name?

Checking other random paths I have, sometimes the owner of .nfo's is "embysvr" which makes sense. But "1058" ?  :huh:

@@solabc16, why would this happen? Is this a Linux behavior?

Edited by djhifi

solabc16

Hello @@djhifi

Thanks for the update, please can you post this on the closed test group, as it is likely to cause confusion to have packages in development being discussed here.

Best

- James

• Like 1