Playback issue

apache07x

apache07x

Hi guys I'm having an issue with playback. Thought maybe it was the vpn slowing my connection down too much so I disconnected it and it played fine, for a little while, then back to just stopping and going out to the guide. Sometimes it also pops up  ( PLAYBACK ERROR Is the current item exhibiting a playback problem like no video or audio? ) it also sometimes just pauses and you can hit play and off it goes to playing where other times you have to back out of the channel and go back into it for it to play. A restart of the server seems to fix these problems for a little while (6 to 8 hours on average) but it just comes back. I have a Synology DS718+ running Emby Server (with extra memory 6 gb total) and I'm primarily streaming with an Nvidia Shield Pro and a T95Z Plus android box. I have watched live tv from my desktop at work also and it freezes there as well but nothing I couldn't live with. Is it normal to have to reboot every so often or is there a possible problem with a setting or the cache getting full or something like that? I'm running Android TV version of Emby on the Shield and T95Z but I can get the regular android app on the T95Z also if I need to try that to see if there's an app problem. Is my Synology a good enough unit to run Emby Server smoothly? 

apache07x

@@Luke on a side note I could see in the dashboard when my wife was saying it was displaying this behavior the T95Z was playing at 29fps. She says it is playing fine now and it's playing at 60fps I don't know if that tells you anything but that seems like a huge difference to me Mr. Newbie

• 2 weeks later...
apache07x

Well I haven't been using emby actually but it was still doing it last time I had used it. However, I was also having issues with another player doing the same and going from 6gbs of memory to 16gbs seems to have cleared it up on the other playerfor the most part. Still the occasional iptv quirks but nothing to do with the setup of the player. With emby I can no longer see it outside of my home network and I have no idea why. Uninstalled and reinstalled because of some network changes that I made and changed back I thought may have cause the issue and I still can't see it away from my home network.