IMDb Triva link

CloudMedia

CloudMedia
Often when I just finished watching a great and satisfying movie, I found myself wanting read more info related to the movie. The trivia content on IMDb fills that gap nicely but it’s not accessible from Emby Android TV. I'd like to suggest that the Trivia content should be accessible on demand rather than automatically fetching and displaying information as part of the base movie details page. Possibly an icon?

I know Emby already knows the IMDb number. The trivia link is simply enough to use the IMDb number as a variable:

incidentally, the other areas under "Did you know?" have similarly structured urls.

Thanks for any considerations.
Edited by CloudMedia
  • Like 1

CloudMedia

That could work for the Emby Web. But for the android apps, I rather have it displayed within the app. With android TV app, I'd be happy with same/similar behavior used for how the Artist text (a snippet) is managed, shown and viewed... whereby you navigate over the artist text, press ok on the remote and it shows the expanded/full text and one can scroll down (click down arrow) through the text.... all inside the beautiful app. 

Thanks for asking.

The problem is we can't pull data from their website legally, so if you want an elegant integration, we'd have to find another source.

CloudMedia

Ok understood. Then back to your original question, would a link that pops open a browser be viable in the android TV environment? (I have a browser install on it).