Emby app is blank after server IP address change

Paulx7

Hello. Up until today, the Emby app on our Apple TV 4k has worked great. This afternoon, a storm rolled through and we lost power for a little while. When the power came back on, the server restarted with a different IP address, and now when I try to start the Emby app, it just shows a blank screen.

Besides the IP change, the server is working fine. I can access it at the new address from other computers. The household wifi network is back up, though our Internet connection still isn’t (after multiple modem restarts) (I’m typing this from my phone.). I’ve restarted the Apple TV multiple times but it hasn’t helped. I don’t want to delete the app because I don’t have any way of reinstalling it at the moment. Will the Emby app not work without an Internet connection? Is there anything else I can try to get the Emby app working? Thanks.

Hi.  It isn't the IP address change that is the problem.  It is the lack of an internet connection.  The Apple TV app is an online app so does require an active connection.

Thank you for the reply. Is there any way to make the Apple TV app not an online app? Since I'm just connecting to an Emby server running on my LAN, I'm not sure why it would need an active internet connection.