Download unavailable on Android KitKat 4.4.4

eriksperling

eriksperling

On my Nexus 7 (2012 model, LTE), running stock system image, there is no "My Downloads" section and no "Download" button. Emby for Android was installed yesterday, so should be entirely up to date.

The same user, on a newer android device, has the expected download button and My Downloads section, so server permissions are correct.

I'm unable to find any log files, so instead used logcat to pull the logs: 

- adb logcat -c

- Launch emby

- Select an episode

- adb logcat -d > logcat.txt

Edited by eriksperling

Hi, this feature is currently disabled for android 4.4 and below. We will try to restore it in a future update. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Papa y Mama

Hi, loving Emby.  Could it be possible to enable this feature again? It would literally make it the perfect media server for me right now. Thanks.

buddy666

Hi, I'm still on Android 4.4.2, too. It is not always, that we want to. In my example the car manufacture Audi is not providing any updates to its Android Tables for the Rear Seat Entertainment System. Currently the Andorid Emby App is not working at all on the Audi Tablet. I dont see the "Play"-Button or any other Button. I still can search my library. Would be lovely to see this working. Just switched from Plex and this is the only problem I have so far. Everything else is working awesome and out of the box.

So please continue support for Android 4.4 or give us at least one last working version, pls.

• 1 month later...