Integrate other apps into Emby

lightsout

lightsout

Probably a long shot but I would love to somehow integrate Emby with say netflix or Prime. Even if I could just add movies that I have access to in Prime, but it would just shortcut to the prime app when selecting play. Sort of like using Emby as a front end.

Emby is my favorite, but its a pain having so many different streaming services with content spread across multiple apps/platforms.

• Like 1

This type of thing has been asked for previously.

Personally I think this would be better served using a different program dedicated to this type of thing.  The program could watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Plex, Emby, network channels with catch up services, etc (basically all apps you have access to).

This program could then give you unified access to a DB of movies and shows you have access to in some form or another and could fire up the proper app to play them.  The problem is that you need a seperate app for each device (Roku, Xbox, Android TV, Android mobile, iOS, etc)

Ideally you would NOT want this information stored in Emby but in a 3rd party DB.  The DB could be built once a day with new additions/removals from the different services and would be Downloadable to each client.

There are probably apps that do this already on some platforms.

I personally wouldn't use this for movies and shows but would find it semi-unique/useful for ESPN and other sporting apps where I could watch college events they post that I couldn't record since it wasn't broadcast in my market!

naeonline

These third party services don't have any official api to use so there won't be any integration of them done by the Emby team.

Give Playon and the Playon plug-in a try.