Android App Out of the playstore

lepitismak

lepitismak
Okay, we know emby is an open source media platform, I thought the apps were, too.

Anyway, I would just like to ask a few questions.

1) Is it possible and allowed to develop application for emby? If yes, is there an API library? Before you ask me why, I'd just like to make an app for Android and Android TV, which would allow you to do what Emby Theater already does, make the media play directly from the source without going through the server in case of direct playback .

2) Is there any application outside of the playstore in these parameters?

Thank you.

blade005

What media types (Video and Audio) are you trying to play on which Android devices? The EMBY FOR ANDROID app in the Google Play Store allows me to DIRECT PLAY just about any media type in my library on both an nVidia K1 Android Tablet and a Blu Vivo 5R Android phone.

lepitismak

the problem is not the media. what happens is that since the reproduction is direct, it should not go through the server, but directly from where the file is stored for the customer's app (as it already happens in the emby theater).

so luke said earlier, it's because playstore policies do not allow this (problem that does not exist on windows).

Will there be any release of a latest published version of the open source code for the Android and Android application?

• 1 month later...
jasonsimth

Okay, we know emby is an open source media platform, I thought the apps were, too.

Anyway, I would just like to ask a few questions.

1) Is it possible and allowed to develop application for emby? If yes, is there an API library? Before you ask me why, I'd just like to make an app for Android and Android TV, which would allow you to do what Emby Theater already does, make the media play directly from the source without going through the server in case of direct playback .

2) Is there any application outside of the playstore in these parameters?

Thank you.

yes i heve the same questions i also want to know this hope anyone here who can help me out too.

Edited by jasonsimth