Can't change the default port.

smooky

Hello,
I'm trying to change the default port of emby server (3.5.2.0) on debian 9. I'm trying to do it in advanced options, 5ba29bc7513bd_Screenshot_1.png
but when i save and restart the server, emby is still on port 8096 on local. I don't understand this error; my friends did it without any problem. 5ba29c4c07c07_Screenshot_2.png is ok but : 5ba29c568ce13_Screenshot_3.png

(log is linked if it's correctly uploaded).

log-emby.txt

If it fails to authorize on your system then it will revert to default. So you need to make sure the server has permission to use the port that you want.

How can I give permissions to emby ? I already checked if any service was using port 80 but there's no one.

This will vary per distro. Have you checked the documentation for your distro about how to do this? You may need to run as sudo in some cases.

Why are you trying to do this in the first place?

I'm trying to change the port because in some places i go, port 8096 is blocked and i cant use emby.

This will vary per distro. Have you checked the documentation for your distro about how to do this? You may need to run as sudo in some cases.

I'm under debian 9 as i said in first; though i hasn't seen any doc for changing the default port on debian and errors that we can have. do you have any link of topic for this ? (i already search for that but i didnt find any answer).

mastrmind11

I'm trying to change the port because in some places i go, port 8096 is blocked and i cant use emby.

I assume by this you mean you're trying to access your server from outside your network?  If so, just set your router port to something else and map that port to your internal 8096.  Unless I'm totally missing what you're trying to describe, there is almost never a reason to change your emby server default ports.