How to play only one song on Emby for Samsung Smart TV

bls_fanatic

bls_fanatic

Hello,

I am running Server 3.5.2.0 with Emby for Samsung Smart TV 1.0.43.  Has anyone figured out how to get the following function that is available on Emby Theater for Windows:

• control-d: show menu or info for selected content (if available)

By using this function I am able to play only one song from an album without queuing all the songs after it on Emby Theater for Windows.  I have still not figured out how to do that on the Samsung Smart TV version.

Thanks

Generally speaking, you can't. Most people want to queue up the whole album. You just have to stop after one track.

bls_fanatic

Generally speaking, you can't. Most people want to queue up the whole album. You just have to stop after one track.

I see.  ET for windows  can achieve it through the control-d function. 

5ba26f1e94b6f_Capture.jpg

It is very useful to be able to queue just one song when you build a song queue on the fly.  There is a button on the Samsung remote branded "i" for info.  Would it be possible to map that function to that button?  Is is technically feasible?  It would be nice for a future realease.

Thanks

Edited by bls_fanatic

bls_fanatic

I believe Luke said he may map that key to Stats for Nerds which is a pita to toggle on/off right now.

Is there a listing somewhere of what key does what in Emby for Samsung Smart TV?  There are also the 4 colored button (A,B,C,D) that seem to be doing nothing at the moment

bls_fanatic

Correct, we are currently not doing anything with the colored buttons.

Thanks for the info guys.  Hopefully you will consider mapping this function:

• control-d: show menu or info for selected content (if available)

to a remote button in an upcoming realease, I find it very useful.

Edited by bls_fanatic

FrostByte

Yes thanks for that.  I had already found it and used it to configure my remote for ET for windows.  I was looking for a more Samsung specific one that maps the available funtions to the remote keys.

I really don't think there are any of the special buttons in the official app which are mapped to anything on the remote.  In the old third party app most of the buttons were mapped to something including the color buttons.

I suppose something like the pic below could be modified and posted with any key mappings there are.  I think it's just the obvious ones which are mapped right now.  Any of the new remotes will have a lot less keys too.

5ba3d52d89639_71dXi8ZKoHL_SL1500_.jpg