REQUEST: Flexible DVR Recording Names using Tokens

Carlo

I would like to have the ability to have a bit of flexibility in file names used to store recordings.

I'd like to see the defaults just as they are now BUT with the ability to rewrite them using tokens.

"Outnumbered 2018_09_14_12_00_00 - 09-14-2018.mp4" is a recording as saved at present.  I'd like to be able to approximate:

"Outnumbered 2018_09_14_12_00_00 - 09-14-2018[1110-FNCHD].mp4" or

"Outnumbered 2018_09_14_12_00_00 - 09-14-2018[1110][FNCHD].mp4"

Basically I'd like to be able to use tokens for the Series, Title, Date, Time, Channel #, Station ID

My main interest in this is for Script processing and for Comskipping

Comskip is cool but to really be able to adjust it well you want a default INI but also individual comskip.ini files that are adapted for each channel.  Fortunately a lot of work on these INI files is already done and available.

But in order to use these we need an easy way to look at the file name to determine what channel or station id it was recorded from.  I want to put this in brackets as anything in brackets is usually ignored by media servers in determining the name/series/movie and is used like a comment.  Being able to search for "[FNCHD]" would allow me to see this is something recorded on Fox News and comskip could be adjusted for that channel, plus follow up scripting.

I for example keep news shows for a week and convert the TS files after commercial removal via scripted ffmpeg that uses HW to make it faster and is converted to H.264.  Typically most other non-talk show items are converted to H.265 on my system.

So with the added info and tokens especially the station comskip can be better tuned for success.

This would help a lot for post processing scripts.

Thanks,

Carlo

The only concern here is that if you choose a file name that is not one of Emby's supported tv naming conventions:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming

Then the regular library scan won't be able to understand the files that are created by the DVR. This will essentially end up making it mandatory to have an NFO file to hold the season and episode information.

How about a bit simpler method.

I'd be willing to try an option(s) that can be enabled such as:

Embed channel number in file name.

Embed channel ID in file name

Then you would get something like:

World's Deadliest S01E25 Little Killers[1473][NGCHD].ts

That would allows scripts to look for channel or station id and shouldn't mess up any library scans.