When will video playback be fixed?

madfloyd

madfloyd

I keep checking in every few months and downloading the latest alpha to try.

I still only get something like 15 frames a second - i.e. dropped frames.

It doesn't seem to make any difference at all whether I use MadVR or not - almost like the option to use it doesn't do anything.

Any idea when we can expect an update in this area?

Thanks in advance.

Koleckai Silvestri

Have you tried with just the basic LAV codecs that are installed along with MediaBrowser Theater. No external players, no MadVR installed... Hardware decoding turned off, then try each of the settings.

I haven't had many problems with playback. Just have LAV and XYSUBFilter installed. I have Hardware Decoding set to Auto but am using an NVIDIA chipset for my graphics. 

madfloyd

I know I've tried changing the Hardware Acceleration settings to no avail.  When I install MBT I don't see anything else installed nor am I asked any questions but that may be because I already have a previous version installed.

How do you try just the LAV codecs?  I'm pretty sure I have them installed since I use MBC every day.

A8HTPC

When you do a fresh install of MBT, if all lav filters are uninstalled, MBT should ask you to install them. I would make sure all lav filters are uninstalled, make sure their folders are deleted as well.

brad_w

i'm also having issues playing any file type through the MBT internal player (which is giving me massive grief with "backdrops/theme.mp4" files as they'll start playing in the background and making the UI basically unusable while playing); but i'm using seperately installed lav filters (newer version than what's bundled with MBT) - could this be a problem? could it be that the internal MBT player isn't seeing my LAV filters as they weren't installed with the bundle? where do the bundled lav filters install to? inside an MBT folder, or seperate?  Thanks for any help

Koleckai Silvestri

If LAV doesn't exist the system will download the standard LAV installer and run it normally. They get installed just like if you downloaded them manually.

As for the backdrops/theme.mp4 files, I found those annoying as well and deleted them a long time ago. They never returned. I don't know if they were initially downloaded by XBMC, Media Center Master or MediaBrowser but they never returned. Luckily they only existed for television series and not every movie. Though you can probably write a bat or windows power shell script to tranverse your library and delete them.

brad_w

they're actually part of the tv or movie theme videos plugin, - this downloads them automatically.. i've only got them for TV which I actually like, my only issue is because they're MP4, and i have MPC HC set as an external player for MP4 files, i click the tv show i wanna watch, and it loads the intro in the separate player instead of playing behind the MBT UI lol :(  but i've worked out why my videos are choppy as with the internal player, and why copyback decided to stop working for me, was because of madVR.. even if it's unticked in the MBT settings, if it's registered on the system (but not even activated or loaded) everything in MBT turns to shit :\  but works beautifully in external player mpc hc.. had to completely unregister it, clean up registry, restart again, for it to work normally, and for lav filter to properly use copyback :\ completely lost at the moment. eeeeek

madfloyd

they're actually part of the tv or movie theme videos plugin, - this downloads them automatically.. i've only got them for TV which I actually like, my only issue is because they're MP4, and i have MPC HC set as an external player for MP4 files, i click the tv show i wanna watch, and it loads the intro in the separate player instead of playing behind the MBT UI lol :(  but i've worked out why my videos are choppy as with the internal player, and why copyback decided to stop working for me, was because of madVR.. even if it's unticked in the MBT settings, if it's registered on the system (but not even activated or loaded) everything in MBT turns to shit :\  but works beautifully in external player mpc hc.. had to completely unregister it, clean up registry, restart again, for it to work normally, and for lav filter to properly use copyback :\ completely lost at the moment. eeeeek

Sounds like this may be my problem and explains why I see zero difference with MadVR checked or not. MadVR is on my system because I use it for MB3 Classic in concert with MPC HC.   I hesitate to uninstall it for that reason (especially since if MBT still doesn't playback without stutter I would need to go back to MBC).

Can this issue be fixed so unchecking MadVR really works?