Emby Theater For Xbox Not Remembering Login Info

Scott310

Scott310

Hey Guys,

I am not sure if this is a bug or if a feature was changed.  Everyone in my family has their own profiles on the xbox and the kids have limited profiles with Microsoft parental controls.  All members of my family also have their own profiles on Emby and any member with an allowed content rating above PG has a password protected profile.

The xbox used to remember the emby login profile for each person so that when they logged into their xbox profile and clicked on emby it immediately opened their emby profile.  No need for login because they already did that through xbox.  If for any reason one of the kids gets smart and tries to switch to a parent profile with movies that were above their allowed rating they would be greeted with a login screen they didn't have a password for.

Now since this started happening, every time one of my kids is using the xbox and then turns it off, If I log in through xbox I find myself having to enter my emby password.

This wasn't an issue before because I have Pin code on my Xbox profile that prevents the kids from logging in that way.  Now i find myself having to log in twice...

Was this a conscious decision or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can only have one account signed into a device at a time, if you want the others to be able to just sign in without a password, then you should just give them a blank password.

Scott310

But it has been working this way for me since the app was released.  This only started happening about a week ago.  If my son loged into his profile on the xbox and opened emby it would go to his account bypassing the login screen.  Then if he turned off the xbox and walked away and I turned it on and signed into my xbox account then clicked on emby it would take me to my emby profile also bypassing the login screen.

Scott310

oh let me clarify the kids do not have a password on their accounts.  It is blank.  No need for a password for them.  But my account does have a password.  But when my son signs into his xbox profile it went right to his account.  If I was still on his xbox profile and logged him out of his emby account to go to mine it would ask me for my admin password.  But If I signed him out of his xbox profile and logged into my xbox profile it would remember my emby login details and take my right past the emby login page. I am prefectly fine with this because you need a password to sign into my xbox profile in the first place.

Sorry if that sounds confusing, but it wouls really nice because no one had to log in to their emby profile.  somehow emby or the xbox remembered it.  Now it doesn't.  It has been that was since day one.

When you switch xbox profiles it's basically two different app installations, I believe, because app data for each will be in different places. Therefore just have him use his account on his xbox profile, and you on yours, and it should be fine.

Scott310

That's exactly what I am getting at.  It has worked fine doing exactly that for a long time but now it is asking both of us to log in each time.