Huge Play Button

moviefan

moviefan

I am just wondering...I have been trying to get used to it for a while now...but I just can't.

Does anyone like the new UI that removed all of the ratings information from the mouseover screen for films and replaced it with an enormous play button that is very difficult to not press?

Do the majority of users see a picture of a movie and wish to just immediately play it, versus clicking in (or mousing over) to see more details about the movie?

Does anyone else have a problem where they accidentally click play constantly on movies they are just trying to get more information on?

How many people miss the IMDB and RT ratings which used to show upon mouseover?

I feel like this was the worst UI redesign that has ever happened to this project since I have been using Media Browser over ten years ago, and I don't understand.  On top of killing off support for legacy collections, the interface was made so much worse and for a reason that doesn't make any sense to me.

Can anyone explain or give their support for why they like this better?

• Like 1

You can quickly get to the play button and the three dot menu without having to wait for the delay that we used to have.

PenkethBoy

This css will hide the huge play indicator in the web client

/*Remove Play Indicator*/
.cardOverlayFab-primary {display: none !important}

You can quickly get to the play button and the three dot menu without having to wait for the delay that we used to have.

But we've lost the ability to mouse-over for detail... which increases the delay IMO. Seems like a step back.

• Like 1

moviefan

This css will hide the huge play indicator in the web client

/*Remove Play Indicator*/
.cardOverlayFab-primary {display: none !important}

This is nice.

But is there anyway to bring back the previous overlay which showed useful information rather than a gigantic useless play button?

• Like 2

Runtime

Release year (in views where it's not displayed under poster. i.e. collections, actor/trailers)

Edited by d00zah

• 2 months later...
Gaspar Filmes

This is nice.

But is there anyway to bring back the previous overlay which showed useful information rather than a gigantic useless play button?

My clients really liked the old system that shows the rating in a fast way while mouseover, now its boring that we have to enter (click) wait for load and check rating 1 by 1..

• Like 1

I am just wondering...I have been trying to get used to it for a while now...but I just can't.

Does anyone like the new UI that removed all of the ratings information from the mouseover screen for films and replaced it with an enormous play button that is very difficult to not press?

Do the majority of users see a picture of a movie and wish to just immediately play it, versus clicking in (or mousing over) to see more details about the movie?

Does anyone else have a problem where they accidentally click play constantly on movies they are just trying to get more information on?

How many people miss the IMDB and RT ratings which used to show upon mouseover?

I feel like this was the worst UI redesign that has ever happened to this project since I have been using Media Browser over ten years ago, and I don't understand. On top of killing off support for legacy collections, the interface was made so much worse and for a reason that doesn't make any sense to me.

Can anyone explain or give their support for why they like this better?

I agree. It was quite fast to have a quick look to movie details. Now, it's difficult to skip the Play to enter into the movie information to find them.

I think that choosing a movie is a very important and tedious procedure, which shall be ease as much as possible. Just the last step should be to actually Play the movie. That's why we actually use Emby, Plex or Kodi, instead of just playing the movie with Media Player Classic or VLC.

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 2

Gaspar Filmes

I agree. It was quite fast to have a quick look to movie details. Now, it's difficult to skip the Play to enter into the movie information to find them.

I think that choosing a movie is a very important and tedious procedure, which shall be ease as much as possible. Just the last step should be to actually Play the movie. That's why we actually use Emby, Plex or Kodi, instead of just playing the movie with Media Player Classic or VLC.

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

+1

that's exactly the point! thanks for the support. I get several feedbacks to go back to the old system and I had to find this same case here.