External Player + Direct Path

lepitismak

lepitismak

I'm trying to set up an external player on emby for android tv but I'm not getting it.

Could someone please let me know if there is any tutorial or something of the genre?

Actually my goal is to activate DIRECT PATH to play directly without going through the server, but for this you need the external player that does not work.

kanipek

Have you installed an external player? For example VLC or MX player?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

kanipek

yeah.

i am try with vlc but dont work.

and when i set a direct path option, dont work nothing

What are the path(s) that you have set up in Emby Server librarie(s)?

kanipek

If it is an Nvidia Shield client and a Windows - especially W10 server, you will need turn on SMB 1/CIFS file sharing.

It is not installed by default

lepitismak

Also, we're going to need to know a little more about what exactly is happening in order to help.

Thanks.

What exactly happens is that when I activate the external player on android tv, everything works correctly. But when I activate together the direct path option (which in theory, sends the file from where it is hosted directly to the client app) simply does not work.

Do you want me to make a video?
Edited by lepitismak

Then that means you haven't configured the "Optional Network Path" parameter in your library setup properly from the perspective of the Shield.

lepitismak

Then that means you haven't configured the "Optional Network Path" parameter in your library setup properly from the perspective of the Shield.

How do I know the setting is not correct? Do you have any guides?

We have no way of knowing exactly how your network is configured so we don't know.

Whatever you put there needs to be how the file location can be accessed from the Shield (the app is smart enough to reverse the slashes for you though).

I suggest loading up ES file explorer on the shield and discovering exactly what the path needs to be to your files.

• 1 month later...
lepitismak

We have no way of knowing exactly how your network is configured so we don't know.

Whatever you put there needs to be how the file location can be accessed from the Shield (the app is smart enough to reverse the slashes for you though).

I suggest loading up ES file explorer on the shield and discovering exactly what the path needs to be to your files.

can help me with that?

mastrmind11

can help me with that?

go to your windows box, get the internal IP of it (command line, ipconfig), then open emby dashboard to the network config page and stick the ip in there just like lepitismak posted above.

lepitismak

go to your windows box, get the internal IP of it (command line, ipconfig), then open emby dashboard to the network config page and stick the ip in there just like lepitismak posted above.

i made this before but continuos play with bandwitch from vps 

lepitismak

Optional Network Paths

Eric Reed edited this page on 3 Apr 2017 · 1 revision

By allowing Emby apps direct access to media folders on the server, they may be able to play them directly over the network and avoid using server resources to stream and transcode. Optional Network Paths (formerly Path substitution) can help achieve this by mapping a path on the server to a network path that can be accessed by other devices.

Network Paths are entered when you define the locations for your individual libraries. Below the area where you indicate the local path to the location, there is an Optional Network Path field. Enter the network share or UNC path for that same location into this field.

Example:

You have a Movies library on the server as D:\Movies. This folder is also shared on the network as \\Server\Movies. You'd like to allow an Emby app on another machine direct access to the shared folder.

To do this, create the location pointing to D:\Movies and fill in the optional Network Path as \\Server\Movies

This will allow some Emby apps to access the media directly and avoid having to stream or transcode using Emby Server.

I made this 192.168.10.10\\Emby\Movies

that is, if a person der play, would be transmitted directly from where the media is stored and not in the correct emby server? would that work also if the media is on google drive?

Taking advantage of the opportunity, if I have several media servers where I store them locally, would the band used be those of each server or would it be the server band where the emby is installed?