Emby DVR Write access to NAS Issues

Ranger One

Ranger One

I'm back with Emby as I can now install it on my NVidia Shield TV. Just signed up for Premiere. 

Ran setup, libraries Live tv work fine.

I have all me Media on my WD MyCloud NAS. 

I was using Plex TV Server which was recording my HDHomerun programs to my NAS. Gave up do to guide issues with OTA & HDHomerun Premium TV Mixed together. 

My issue is the following message when I try to set my tv recording destination to a folder on my MyCloud NAS.

"Emby Server requires write access to this folder. Please ensure write access and try again."

I have my Emby Server User name the same as I have for my NAS.

I check on the NVidia Shield TV & the "The Tv Recordings" folder from the MyCloud show up under the "mounted shares" .

How do I solve this?  

Happy to be back!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

nyplayer

hi @@Ranger One, you need to make sure that emby server has write access to your folder, otherwise it will fail to save recordings.

Have you done that? Thanks !

Everything is working ok but writing to a nas is not working. The folders I am testing to write too are public and everyone has full access.

This is the error I get when trying use a nas folder … that is a public folder and has full access... I do not plan on writing to a NAS but figured I test it out.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/storage/MYCLOUDPR4100/Public/EMBY/Temp/5e80452e-675d-40b2-a50a-2d60e5f6ed82" is denied.

Source: mscorlib

TargetSite: Void Throw()

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x001b7] in <43dbbdc147f2482093d8409abb04c233>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.IO.FileOptions options, System.String msgPath, System.Boolean bFromProxy, System.Boolean useLongPath, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x00000] in <43dbbdc147f2482093d8409abb04c233>:0

Edited by nyplayer

Ranger One

Luke: I made sure the Tv Recordings folder has full read write access for my user name. When I did the setups with Plex & HD Homerun DVR I browsed to the folders I wanted & would be prompted for my username & password. Once I supplied that I was all set.

In the Emby setup: when I browse to folder I don't get the prompt for my username & password, just the "Emby Server requires write access to this folder. Please ensure write access and try again."

If there is a log you need then let me know where to look & I will post it.

If I could get this working I will be greatfull.

mastrmind11

Luke: I made sure the Tv Recordings folder has full read write access for my user name. When I did the setups with Plex & HD Homerun DVR I browsed to the folders I wanted & would be prompted for my username & password. Once I supplied that I was all set.

In the Emby setup: when I browse to folder I don't get the prompt for my username & password, just the "Emby Server requires write access to this folder. Please ensure write access and try again."

If there is a log you need then let me know where to look & I will post it.

If I could get this working I will be greatfull.

That's the transcode folder.  You need write access to that too, obviously.

Edited by mastrmind11

I just went into Emby setup to setup the "Transcode" folder. Same access error message.

Why not just use the default?

Ranger One

Luke: I was just going by the reply from mastrmind11.  I have no problem with leaving the "Transcode" setting to default. The issue is getting Emby DVR to record to my TV Recordings folder on my NAS, where I have a lot of space. Need to solve the "write access" problem. I have the folder setup for full permissions.

Luke: I was just going by the reply from mastrmind11.  I have no problem with leaving the "Transcode" setting to default. The issue is getting Emby DVR to record to my TV Recordings folder on my NAS, where I have a lot of space. Need to solve the "write access" problem. I have the folder setup for full permissions.

Including for anonymous users...?

Correct, we don't currently have any settings to enter network credentials so it will need anonymous write access. Thanks.