Live TV Recording - just keeps on going

thefarmer

thefarmer

Hi everyone,

Does anyone else have an issue 'sometimes' with scheduled recordings just going on and on?

I've scheduled over the last couple of months various sporting events to record....they would be approx 2hrs long.  I come back to watch them later, and they say they are about 21hrs long!!  They aren't of course...21hours hasn't passed...but the timebar at the bottom of the video says it's 21 hrs...you can drag the cursor along the bar for 21hrs...it never plays though.

I can start to watch the recording program from the beginning, but only for about 10 mins..it will then freeze and that's it.  THis has happened on2 of by boxes...so was wondering whether there is something wrong with the epg data?

It can happen on any channel...no common theme here.

thnx.

maegibbons

Hi everyone,

Does anyone else have an issue 'sometimes' with scheduled recordings just going on and on?

I've scheduled over the last couple of months various sporting events to record....they would be approx 2hrs long.  I come back to watch them later, and they say they are about 21hrs long!!  They aren't of course...21hours hasn't passed...but the timebar at the bottom of the video says it's 21 hrs...you can drag the cursor along the bar for 21hrs...it never plays though.

I can start to watch the recording program from the beginning, but only for about 10 mins..it will then freeze and that's it.  THis has happened on2 of by boxes...so was wondering whether there is something wrong with the epg data?

It can happen on any channel...no common theme here.

thnx.

What is your Tuner source?

This can be seen to happen with IPTV streams that crash or have issues whilst recording.

The timestamps get screwed up just as the stream gets cut which is why emby shows the impossible lengths.

I do NOT see it happen with HDHR Tuners ONLY with IPTV

Krs

Mark

thefarmer

Hi....

yep, it's an IPTV source.  Makes sense, as this has happened on 2 servers at the same time, which seems to indcate that it's got be a source issue as it's the only thing in common.

thanks.