better viewing quality question

KarterJK

KarterJK

Hi all,

Just found this program, so I am new to it.   WOW!! what a nice package....

We currently, have 6 TVs using Windows Media Center, that we view LiveTV using the SiliconDust Homerun Prime's and MyMovies for our DVD Library (600+ movies and TV series in VOB format), it is a nice setup, and works well, but I would really like to get away from Windows (especially since version 8) and move to another platform.  The only reason I haven't is because of media center, until now, this might be my best hope.

Everything runs great, except the video quality seems lacking as compared to either XBMC or Media Center, when I check quality settings it says 480p at 4mb is the highest, is this as good as it gets or am I missing something, or maybe setup wrong?

Appreciate any comments.

• Like 1

KarterJK

What app are you talking about??

I guess, I don't understand your question,

I downloaded and installed the windows version of Media Browser 3 (server I guess), I use its dashboard, is their a special client package that is supposed to be used with it? 

wraslor

I guess, I don't understand your question,

I downloaded and installed the windows version of Media Browser 3 (server I guess), I use its dashboard, is their a special client package that is supposed to be used with it? 

Yes there is the media browser classic that is a plugin for media center or the standalone software (think xbmc) media browser theater.

http://mediabrowser.tv/download/

• Like 1

Or any one of a number of mobile clients and then integration clients for other products like xbmc and media portal.  See the link provided by wraslor above.

KarterJK

Ahhhh, I think I am beginning to get a better grasp on this, I was thinking of this more like WMC windows media center, where each machine was its own server/client and just accessing the media file

Okay so let me be clear (I was running the server on each machine, dumb me)

So if I have the Media server installed (version doesn't matter, windows, OSx, Linux) on one machine preferably LOL. I could still access it via the iPhone, Android or any of the Windows client apps, OR

if I use the iPhone or Android app would I require their particular version of their server software running?

NOTE:

keep in mind I am still having problems separating in my mind the local network access as opposed to web access

Edited by KarterJK

wraslor

Correct, run server on one machine and any of the apps can access it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

KarterJK

Correct, run server on one machine and any of the apps can access it.

and the Living room apps MB Theater or MB Classic and Roku are stand alone applications that can be used for LAN purposes

OR

are MBT and MBC just plugins for XBMC and Media Center 

apologizes for asking so many questions

wraslor

No worries, MBC is a plug-in for media center (I use this mostly) mbt is stand alone, these two are for lan. The roku app runs on your roku, Android on android etc, they are for Lan or Wan use. All can access the 1 server software no other software required.