Live TV playback glitchy

ajaycloss

ajaycloss

Hello,

I recently installed Emby on my Synology DS218play and set up a folder for TV shows. This worked fine and playback of the TV files was good. I then tried the Live TV option (tuners are HDHomerun Connect Duo and the TV guide is supplied by Schedules Direct). SD channels playback is glitchy with pauses every 10 secs or so. HD playback is pretty unusable with picture breakup and, after 20 seconds or so, a blank screen.

I tried with no hardware acceleration and with VAAPI. There was no discernable difference in playback quality. I should add that I also installed Emby on a Windows 10 machine to compare and the result was pretty much the same. Are there other settings I can try to improve things?

ajaycloss

There were quite a few ffmpeg logs. I just selected the first one on the list. Anyway, I have just re-installed Emby without setting up any media libraries, just the Live TV option. I tried a couple of TV channels but the same problems occur. There are 2 ffmpeg logs in the list: ffmpeg-remux and ffmpeg-transcode. Which of these is the one you need? Thanks for your time.