Update on MIBox 3 received, Login problems on Emby Server VolleyError

latinumking
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

latinumking

Hi there

I have 1 shield and 2 miBox 3 setup with 2 emby servers.

Everything worked smoothly so far... (this is as all stories begin, right?)

Today, I received an MIBox Update 625 MB (was already on Oreo)

Update on the MiBox3 went smootly (still says Oreo 8.0.0).

Now, I am encountering an Emby Server issue out of the latest Emby for Android TV app.

I start EMBY

I see my 2 Servers

I click on either of them

Normally, now, you will see a selection of users that you are able to select.

I see an error message: VolleyError com.android.volley.VolleyError: that later disappers, but no user to select.

I dont see these users, I only see manual enter or Login with media browser

Now, I can either try to manually enter an user or login with media browser and pin

none of the login methods allow to successfully connect to my Emby Servers.

Now I'm lost.

My shield works flawless and my MIBox3 that has not been updated works flawless as well. I sent error message through emby app but I am really clueless.

The bug must have come with the MI Update, I guess.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Lati 

I sent error message through emby app but I am really clueless.

Hi.  Can you please provide the requested information related to that so I can find it?

Thanks.

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

maegibbons

Hi

For reference

I did the update this afternoon.

An Uninstall/Reinstall resolves the issue.

Krs

Mark

• Like 2

latinumking

Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing the app?

Thank you for your reply. In fact, I did uninstall and then reinstall Emby for Android, I did not solve my Issue however Maegibbons stated that it help in his setup. I will give it another try.

Cheers, Lati

latinumking

Hi.  Can you please provide the requested information related to that so I can find it?

Thanks.

Hi , after updated MIBOX 3 (to it's latest version, Update that came the day before yesterday, my Emby servers are still recognized, however, if I select this servers, there are no more users available to select. A manuel selcet or a code select does not work, the users are not recognized. I uninstalled Android for TV app on die MIBOX3 and did install 2 times, no luck. Same Situation. I sent the log trough android TV app on 15.Sept. 16:15 (UTC+1) The user was Andreas / Latinumking

Thank you very much for your help.

Lati

• Solution

Thanks.

Hi , after updated MIBOX 3 (to it's latest version, Update that came the day before yesterday, my Emby servers are still recognized, however, if I select this servers, there are no more users available to select. A manuel selcet or a code select does not work, the users are not recognized. I uninstalled Android for TV app on die MIBOX3 and did install 2 times, no luck. Same Situation. I sent the log trough android TV app on 15.Sept. 16:15 (UTC+1) The user was Andreas / Latinumking

Thank you very much for your help.

Lati

Thanks.  Your problem is the name of the device.  It has a character in it that the system is having trouble with.  You can either:

1) Rename your MiBox through the Android menus to something without the "interesting" character in it OR

2) Install the beta version of the app which should be able to handle that character.

Please let us know if this works.  Thanks.

latinumking

Thanks.  Your problem is the name of the device.  It has a character in it that the system is having trouble with.  You can either:

1) Rename your MiBox through the Android menus to something without the "interesting" character in it OR

2) Install the beta version of the app which should be able to handle that character.

Please let us know if this works.  Thanks.

Thank you ebr, I changed the name of my MIBOX3 to get the "Umlaut" character out and I see now my users again. I had no idea that the name of the box could affect this. Thank you very much for your quick help!

BTW, Emby rocks!

Cheers, Lati