Theme (maybe just home screen) request

proost
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

proost

Hello everyone-

I have been using MB2 and now MB3 for a few years and we love it. I had a request for a home screen layout changes that we would think would be useful and we would pay for. We are not that well versed in the MB terminology so we would try to muddle through it. Please let me know if these features exist and I have not found them yet.

First request amounts really to adding recently watched for each collection as you select the collection on the homescreen

I envisioned a 3 section screen.

Section 1 collections: highlight defaults here to start

Section 2: recently added for the selected collection above that you can scroll through

Section 3: recently watched for the selected collection above.that you can scroll through.

Just making it easier to jump to a season show you are in the process of binge watching

Second request: When going into a TV show have MB default to the next unwatched or in progress episode.

We like the simpler elegant themes so a three row theme homescreen would be great in our book.

Thank you for the great software!

• Solution

Both of those are pretty much already available.

For your first request - you can't see them both at the same time but you can switch the recent list on the EHS between Latest, Watched and Latest/Unwatched in each theme.

The second request is already implemented as well.  There is an option in the config that is labelled: "Default to first unplayed item".

• Like 1

proost

Thanks for the reply! I may be getting off topic for this forum. I am sure the features are there somewhere, I just cant find them.

I am using the default MBC theme chocolate. I guess it is close, however, when I switch it to "watched" on the EHS and the show "Walking Dead" for example, it shows the episodes we have already watched and I cannot figure out how to get the episodes we have not yet watched to come up. Is there a way for it to jump from the watched on the EHS to the regular show page showing all the episodes and have it default the next unwatched episode?

Also, Is there a way to quickly mark shows watched if we did not actually watch them if MB?

I realized, default to unwatched is checked in my config but I realized it was defaulting S01E01 in most cases because it is "unwatched" in MB.

To mark an item watched manually either hit the 'clear' button on your remote or ctl-w on your keyboard or the '*' button on your remote and select "Mark Played".

If you set your recent list to show you recently watched items, that is what you are going to get.  Recently watched items.

Perhaps you would have interest in this once it is available.  Sounds like it would give you what you are asking for.

proost

I checked MBPlus and it sounds like I would be interested, I will look for its release.

We were just looking for an easier way to find to the next episode of shows we have stored in our MB, Right now, we have to go into our library and scroll through the library and find it and then select next episode.