Locked out of Emby Server 90% of the times or when I'm not, 80% of stuff doesn't seem to load

djhifi
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

I've installed beta version 3.6.0.40-1-beta and I don't know if its related or not but the system is now locking out alot, I'm even unable to, for example, access the users section of it with the "master" account, things take time to load (see print screen) or dont load at all.

H72pjjE.jpg

Sometimes I even cannot seem to get past the login screen, i enter the "embysvr" password, it loads but returns to the same login screen, which, by the way, seems to also have lost all the avatars i've defined for each account

0EwKFvL.jpg

Checking the logs via SSH on my synology I see nothing unusual (blatantly at least) but rather a lot of mini logs, maybe accountable for each time I'm trying to login? Feels, at the same time, as if the mono is auto-restarting itself. I don't know...

One of the examples of those logs is attached at the end of this post. Please advise on this matter in case you need further logs.

I can furthermore add that the server functionality in itself (as in: reproducing my collection on my NVidia Shields with the Emby for KODI) is perfectly fine and working. The whole thing seems to be related to the server itself nad I just seem to be locked out of my own system for the time being or, when I can login, i can barely navigate it… :(

As I said, I don't know if it's related to the latest beta version or not, since this is A ) the first time I'm having these kinds of issues and B ) I'm unable to tie this in being originating from the latest beta or not.

embyserver.txt

Edited by djhifi

solabc16

Hello @@djhifi

There is a lot going on with the latest betas, on both server and platform side - that's why we have the beta test programme, to iron out issues ahead of the stable releases.

Please can you send the full support logs, as per this Wiki article : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James

• Like 1

Are you sure this is the right log? i don't really see anything abnormal here.

Yes, and me neither, now since last night I was able to sucessfully login 90% of the times but the server is slow and or unresponsive and won't me access half of the settings. Sometimes not even the dasboard loads, just stays there showing 20% of the items, indefinetely.

Considering a complete uninstall (since I have the nfos stored within my collection) and reinstall of stable but first I created the full support log per @@solabc16

sendlogs_Synology_synology_cedarview_1813+_20180914T182416UTC.tgz

Edited by djhifi

Hello @@djhifi

There is a lot going on with the latest betas, on both server and platform side - that's why we have the beta test programme, to iron out issues ahead of the stable releases.

Please can you send the full support logs, as per this Wiki article : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James

Here it is James

sendlogs_Synology_synology_cedarview_1813+_20180914T182416UTC.tgz

First time doing this, not sure if the file was created locally since I WINSCP'ed into my synology and cant find it. Just posting what the script issued (above)

PS: I also ran diagnostics just for the sake of completion, see attachment.

EDIT: Sorry double post

rundiags_20180914T183350UTC.log

Edited by djhifi

solabc16

Hello @@djhifi

Thanks for the logs, I can see what the issue is. On the plus side, the automatic recovery - which is a new feature in the latest beta packages, is working well at getting the server back up and running.

So the reason you're seeing the system behaving 'sluggishly', is because it's restarting in the background.

The fact that it's crashing in the first place is of course not so good and that is down to the SkiaSharp image processing library generating a SIGILL; which is something we're also looking at on the .NET Core beta programme as well.

I hope to have an update for you soon, which we will include in the next beta; if not we'll revert to ImageMagick for image processing for a few releases.

Best

- James

• Like 1

Hello @@djhifi

Thanks for the logs, I can see what the issue is. On the plus side, the automatic recovery - which is a new feature in the latest beta packages, is working well at getting the server back up and running.

So the reason you're seeing the system behaving 'sluggishly', is because it's restarting in the background.

The fact that it's crashing in the first place is of course not so good and that is down to the SkiaSharp image processing library generating a SIGILL; which is something we're also looking at on the .NET Core beta programme as well.

I hope to have an update for you soon, which we will include in the next beta; if not we'll revert to ImageMagick for image processing for a few releases.

Best

- James

It has crossed my mind, specially when seeing the numerous "plugin updates" requests, that the server was restarting itself in the background, it seems I was thinking it correctly.

I wasn't aware about the change in the SkiaSharp change in regards to affecting performance whatsoever, so that's also good to know. I was seriously thinking, without looking further into things regarding logs, that the issue was on my side since it baffled me as to why no one was reporting the same behavior in the forums since the last package you issued (or did I miss anything? :D).

The server is not sluggish, it's completely unresponsive to over 80% of things, from accessing a user profile within the dashboard to performing a database scan, it just isn't usable at this point and I'm refraining myself from even activating real-time monitoring at this point by completely stop adding new content to my HDDs until a new release comes out. I'm not even visiting my server at this point, lol. Only using my local machines to reproduce the already existing content. EDIT: Which is doubled in many entries (either TV Shows or Movies) as well :( - more on this in the end -

Regarding the possible future fixes, i've checked GitHub and saw 2 new beta versions compiled, looked thru them but didnt see this issue being adressed by @@Luke you're talking about some other pushes you will be issuing or? Disregard this last bit, I've re-read and you stated "coming beta". Fine

I stopped my server from within the package center until this gets ironed out.

PS: Regarding the .NET core beta programme I sent you a PM some time ago and you said you'd be adding me to the waitlist, I have now also posted in the new thread you've opened. Hope to hear on that matter soon :)

Thanks for being so helpful man!

EDIT: @@solabc16 I also noticed some of the issues reported by @@Abobader (here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/62844-beta-36040/),namely, the episodes and movies getting double entries. I could only notice this on my KODI though since I cannot seem to access my collection server side. Once the new beta comes out, would we need to nuke the database server side and rebuild or just in the addon side?

Edited by djhifi

• Solution
solabc16

Hello @@djhifi

I've just released 3.6.0.43-beta for your platform, which I hope will resolve this issue.

Let me know how you get on...

Best

- James

Hello @@djhifi

I've just released 3.6.0.43-beta for your platform, which I hope will resolve this issue.

Let me know how you get on...

Best

- James

Installing it now, should I nuke the database? Since it's also duplicating entries.

solabc16

Hello @@djhifi

My updates in this package are specific to the crash, so you would need to refer to the Emby Server release notes and/or any existing threads to follow-up on any library issues.

Out of interest, do you have any ISOs in your library that correspond with the duplicates you are seeing?

Best

- James

Hello @@djhifi

My updates in this package are specific to the crash, so you would need to refer to the Emby Server release notes and/or any existing threads to follow-up on any library issues.

Out of interest, do you have any ISOs in your library that correspond with the duplicates you are seeing?

Best

- James

Got it. And no, no ISOs. I can now add the the crash is gone but library update is failing. I've attached a log but you recommend me doing it elsewhere?

embyserver.zip

Edited by djhifi

solabc16

Hello @@djhifi

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear we've resolved the crash.

If there aren't any threads already covering the specific library issues, then it would be best to start a new one.

Best

- James

• Like 1

Hello @@djhifi

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear we've resolved the crash.

If there aren't any threads already covering the specific library issues, then it would be best to start a new one.

Best

- James

Ok then, I found a specific thread which I will leave the link here for the sake of completion and follow-up and ask if someone ( @@Luke ) can close this specific thread since the underlying issue is fixed.

Library scan failure issue: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/62936-36043-library-refresh-failed/?p=622832

Edited by djhifi