Searching for NASCAR does not find races

jfgilliam

jfgilliam

When searching for "NASCAR", the results bring back shows related to NASCAR, but it doesn't bring back the races or practices themselves. If I search for "NASCAR Racing", the actual title, then they are found. But, it's hard to know what the actual races are, because the sub-title is not shown on the resulting cards. This is also a problem with "College Football", lots of cards returned, but need to see the sub-titles to know who's playing.

Edited by jfgilliam

jfgilliam

Please try again with the next release. Thanks.

I installed the 3.6.0.43 beta release. Now, when I search for NASCAR, the races do show up. But, the cards do not show the title. This is important if I only want to record certain races. NASCAR broadcasts the practices, qualifying and races for all their series. Only the title tells me that. Also, in other places, the Title is truncated if it is too long. Need to have the entire Title in a tool tip.

• Like 1

jfgilliam

In the .44 release using the Web App, it does show the title now. Thanks for the quick improvements. I'm really starting to like Emby very much.

This request is nit picky, and certainly less important that other features I'm sure. But,on the search results, if the title is too long it is truncated. So, I have to drill into it to see the whole title. Sometimes, the end of the title is relevant to know what to record. This is especially true when you search for "NASCAR" and you are only looking for the races. Not really your fault, just how they name the episodes. This may be hard to do on all devices, but at least for the Web App and the Theater App, can we get a tool tip to pop up the entire title when we point at it? Nit picky, I know :)

Also, don't know if it's by design, but you cannot click on the text below the poster. You have to click on the poster to drill in.  Nit picky, I know :)

jfgilliam

One more request, it looks like the results are sorted only by show name. Can you sort by Show Name, then Air Date?

Here they are all over the place.

post-272710-0-11049600-1537278162_thumb.png

Edited by jfgilliam