Emby Theater Home videos & photos not displaying correctly in horizontal mode

goodnite

Hi,

When I run emby theater 3.0.3 in horizontal home screen mode (my prefered mode), my Home videos & photos home screen looks weird.  If I switch over to vertical mode, i can see the folder thumbnails fine.  Am I missing something? :-) 

5b9a5c5819621_embyphoto.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
unisoft

Hi,

When I run emby theater 3.0.3 in horizontal home screen mode (my prefered mode), my Home videos & photos home screen looks weird.  If I switch over to vertical mode, i can see the folder thumbnails fine.  Am I missing something? :-) 

5b9a5c5819621_embyphoto.jpg

I'm also having this.

Photos on the Emby app from Microsoft Store (first time install ever on machine).

Photos and Home Videos work as expected on LG App 1.09, the server web client 3.5.3.0 and on Android app.

With Emby Theatre v1.1.226.0, I get small icons you can barely see for PHOTOS and for HOME VIDEOS, I get nothing, despite all the others working fine. 

If I click on one of the PHOTOS tiny icons (initial screen from Photos menu top-screen option) the sub-folders and images display correctly.

Also why do I get "Folders" menu option when I haven't enabled that server side for TV and Movies? I noticed this in the Android app too?

I thought FOLDERS option only appeared if you enabled it server side?

It's resolved for the next update to the app. Thanks.

Also why do I get "Folders" menu option when I haven't enabled that server side for TV and Movies?

We are moving in the direction of making that a tab that is always visible. The server option will be gone with the next server release. It was not a good approach. Too many people are unable to find it and just end up complaining that we don't even have a folder view.

• Like 1

unisoft

It's resolved for the next update to the app. Thanks.

We are moving in the direction of making that a tab that is always visible. The server option will be gone with the next server release. It was not a good approach. Too many people are unable to find it and just end up complaining that we don't even have a folder view.

If its on by default, can we still have server side tick option to turn it off?

I used to like FOLDER view - but after being enforced to tweak folder layout as per wiki (and literally small tweaks), everything shows properly without resorting to folder view now so I wouldn't like confusion to the household of another menu option for FOLDERS. Really think it should be user/system admin preference but on by default by all means...

What can you do Luke, could you accommodate this please?

With the next release of the server the folder view will be a more accurate representation of your folders so i don't think you'll have as much of an issue with that anymore. thanks.