Kodi 18 Beta 1 with Emby for Kodi v3.1.11a Won't Sync

rwinstock

rwinstock

Hi

Been having a pile of problems with the new Kodi/Emby plugin. 

Latest problem is an apparent timeout syncing long-running (lots of episodes/seasons) TV shows.

Log attached

Cheers

Rich

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Your server is timing out? Are you able to restart Kodi to continue where you left off, after validating your server is running? When you will update your server to 3.6 that should hopefully stop happening. Your server is either too slow to respond or completely non-responsive.

So either don't sync this library and use dynamic plugin or just keep retrying (restarting Kodi) to see if it gets you further each time.

Edited by Angelblue05

rwinstock

Server is fine...other kodis ate syncing (kodi 17) and browsing in a web browser is fine. This problem only started with the new 3.1.X plugin

Angelblue05

That does not answer my question though... Are you able to restart progress when restarting Kodi and getting further or does it keep crashing on that same season folder.

rwinstock

So the sync won't restart itself. If I try adding the library again, it starts a few shows back from the point of getting stuck...And then stalls at the same point again...the same show

• Like 1

Angelblue05

The sync only should restart upon Kodi restart and it will ask you if you want to resume sync. The only thing I can think of is I use a different api for tv shows in the new version and that may be the difference.

It is still set to retry to get the server response. Can you provide your server log from that time? Thank you.

Angelblue05

Yeah just as I suspected. Your server is just really slow to returns those queries for some reason. 

Does this show, Coronation Street, contain a lot of content?

rwinstock

The common factor I believe is not the number of episodes as shows with more downloaded episodes sync. The key is the number of seasons or age. Two shows that caused a blockage had more than 50 seasons but only a few episodes (they've been running for years) a show like Babylon 5 has many times as many episodes but only a few seasons

Angelblue05

Look at the server request: Look at the time it took and that is just to get the seasons... I suspect once you make the switch to server 3.6, this is the type of thing that should resolve itself. There's nothing the add-on could do to fix this. Your server just takes an enormous amount of time (that's 28 minutes btw) to respond here. What I can do is allow the sync to skip this content.

2018-09-12 20:45:40.673 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to x. Time: 1737153ms. http://x:8096/emby/Shows/5d562c8713b8f0e2af463398777fbb22/Seasons?Fields=Etag&UserId=75603ab5b0554495aa32e7ad56715487 
Edited by Angelblue05

rwinstock

OK - I'll upgrade to 3.6.  What I don't get is:

1) Why on the new plugin this is appearing

2) Why is the server so slow?  It's a 8 core 32gb machine, and I watched the CPU during the last sync, never got about 20% and only used 500mb of memory - the disks are 15k SAS...

R

Edited by rwinstock

Angelblue05

I don't recommend 3.6 for your production system. It still contains bugs. Only switch right now if you are ready to deal with these.

1 - I'll give you a build that's slightly different, it calls the same api, minus etags. That's the only difference to the previous version. Then you can let me know if the issue persists. 

2 - Queries were always a bit slow, but with 3.6 it is lightning fast.

plugin.video.emby-3.1.11a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05

rwinstock

Hi,

So mixed results really - it is definitely better, it makes it further each time, but it still keels over after a few shows - I guess it's just going to take a while to complete now.

Regards

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Is the library scan on your server still going? If it is, please wait until it is completed. If it's not, provide your server log so Luke can have a look and improve this hopefully. Thank you, keep me posted.

rwinstock

Latest log file attached.  Had to downgrade plugin which had autoupdated to v3.1.12

No library scan running on server.  I have updated server to 3.6.41 to see what difference this made.

kodi.log

Log.zip

rwinstock

I downgraded because it appeared slower...I can upgrade again if it has the same workaround you put in my special build?

Edited by rwinstock
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, what I gave you is applied in 3.1.13a.

However I will tell you, you'll need to reset your database because with 3.1.12+ I had to change the structure of the Kodi-emby database to accomodate remove events in server 3.6. That's mostly why I wanted you to update. To avoid needing to redo your library in Kodi twice. :/