LG kind of subtitle

RRo100

• 1 month later...
rbjtech

Until the player issue is resolved (for the older WebOS versions), you could remux the files to exclude the .ass file or perhaps make the .ass external which may have a different behaviour ?

Maybe do a test with 'ffmpeg  -i input.mkv -c:v copy -c:a copy output.mkv' which will copy the video and audio and make a new .mkv file to test.

if you did want to keep the .ass (as an external file) then use 'ffmpeg -i input.mkv output.ass' on the original file.

if the test is ok - then you can easily scipt ffmpeg to automatically remove all subs from the mkv's in a directory and subdirectories it is run from - for example

for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /a-s /b /s *.mkv') do (
        echo Processing "%%a" >> work.log
ffmpeg -i "%%a" -c:v copy -c:a copy -metadata:s:a:0 language=ger "%%~da%%~pa%%~na-nosubs".mkv

rem if exist "%%~da%%~pa%%~na".mkv (del "%%a")

)
Edited by rbjtech

• 2 months later...

Emby for LG 1.0.16 has been released. Stay tuned to our blog for the announcement. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

is there something new for the following taks:

1. The prehistoric times are still not displayed in 24 hour format (with Plex this works)

2. The subtitle still does not turn off

LG software version 04.05.65 on the model 65UF9509-ZA and the webOS version is 2.2.2-339 and Emby 1.0.18

stefgun

Emby for LG 1.0.18 has been released. Stay tuned to our blog for the announcement. Thanks.

Didn't change anything for me on the subtitle or audio track issue on webOS 1.

Edited by stefgun

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
knolli75

Hello, I have the latest version of the Emby app installed. For series I have the problem that the subtitles are always displayed. Neither in the film nor in the profile, I have activated the subtitles. Nevertheless, the subtitle is displayed. If I log into the server via browser, no subtitles will be displayed. TV-Information: webOS EG9109 with Softwareversion 04.06.30

Edited by knolli75

Hello, I have the latest version of the Emby app installed. For series I have the problem that the subtitles are always displayed. Neither in the film nor in the profile, I have activated the subtitles. Nevertheless, the subtitle is displayed. If I log into the server via browser, no subtitles will be displayed. TV-Information: webOS EG9109 with Softwareversion 04.06.30

There are existing discussions about this, but for WebOS 1&2, the LG video player will always display embedded subtitles even though we tell it not to. We're going to have to come up with a special workaround on the server to convert on the fly and strip out the embedded subtitles so that the LG player never sees them.