Harmony Remote Directional Keys and OK not working

josemiel25
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

josemiel25

Hey guys,

I'm using the Logitech Harmony Smart Control with my Shield Android TV. It comes with the HUB and is added to my Android TV Box through Bluetooth. All the keys work fine in other apps but in Emby I can't use the direction keys and the OK button.

However if I use my old Harmony remote that send IR signals only that one has the direction keys and OK button working. Also if I use a Air Mouse Remote and I turn off the mouse then I can get the direction keys and OK button working on that remote as well.

Are you guys aware of this issue? Any plans for a fix?

josemiel25

Good call I have my Shield with a custom Full Android Rom and I got the version that showed up in the Play Store but could be the mobile version I guess

**Edit**

Had to get the Android Version from a 3rd party site and damn looks better now and the remote works.

Another question what keyboard shortcut will bring the TV Guide on Android TV so I can map it to my harmony remote?

Edited by saulin

Hi.  There are no keyboard shortcuts at this time because most people do not use these devices with keyboards.

In Android 8.0, it is possible to put a link to the guide directly on the device home screen though.

• 1 month later...
pir8radio

Hi.  There are no keyboard shortcuts at this time because most people do not use these devices with keyboards.

In Android 8.0, it is possible to put a link to the guide directly on the device home screen though.

But most people do use remotes, and the sucky 5 or so button stock remotes well... suck...     So using IR and a good remote with guide, record, info, and actual number keys relies on keyboard shortcuts that the remote can map to.   

The # button added on screen is a start, but constantly listening for number presses would be nice, for direct channel entry.   A popup grid (while watching a channel) shortcut would be nice too...   Menu button works for this on some devices, finding it doesn't on some other devices (shield).  Previous channel shortcut...    are the main ones.

Edited by pir8radio