Size of server

paulsavo

paulsavo

Hi can someone please help me, i have ember android server on my shield tv, i have an external usb setup so all downloads go direct to it, however my server is growing rapidly it is nearly at 10gb now, what is causing this and what can i do to reduce this? all i have is live tv installed and as stated, my media is on an external device

EODCrafter

It could also be transcoding temp so we need to see what is actually taking the space.

How would I set this to google drive? in the Server Dashboard? I run Emby on a google cloud 10Gb disk and it keeps failing because the disk is full. I don't think i have a option with the .xml cache do I?

Sry to hijack @@paulsavo

EDIT: Found it...I think...I will test!

EDIT: Doesn't work...too much latency...I will need a bigger disk. (20Gb seems to be Perfect!)

5b93c49fe3ca0_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even think of trying to use a cloud drive for transcoding.  Personally I wouldn't use a network drive for this either.

Get yourself a fast USB thumb drive or USB external HDD and use that for transcoding drive if needed.

The issue seems to be that when i sync to my google drive or even to an external device, it creates a sync folder on the server itself and this is eating up all my space

The issue seems to be that when i sync to my google drive or even to an external device, it creates a sync folder on the server itself and this is eating up all my space

Those are temporary sync files but they will get cleaned up after the transfer is complete.

@@softworkz

This is expected. The files must be converted first, then uploaded to the cloud drive. Like stated above, the best option is to plug in some SD or USB memory and specify this as the sync temp folder.

But should you encounter a situation where the temporary sync files don't get cleaned after they are successfully transferred to the cloud, then please report!

• 2 weeks later...