Grouping impact on Kodi for Emby and "Next Up"?

silkz
Go to solution Solved by sualfred,

I'm pretty new to both Kodi and Emby. I've followed the Emby for Kodi guides and have my TV and movie library imported into Kodi on Shield TV with the default skin and pretty much vanilla Kodi setup plus the Plex and EmbyCon addons. I have 2 questions I can't find the answer to:

1) Is there a way to get Emby's "Next Up" in Kodi?

2) Does the grouping setting (eg 'Automatically group content from the following folders into views such as Movies, Music and TV') have any effect with what/how Emby for Kodi imports? I ask for 2 reasons:

A) I have 3 libraries: TV - English, TV - Other Langue, TV - Animated. At first only TV - Animated items were being imported into Kodi but when I "grouped" the 3 libraries then everything got imported. Is this how grouping is supposed to work with Emby for Kodi?

B) I also have a "Sports" library that i would like to exclude from the TV import and I am wondering if grouping can help with that or if there is anyway to do that? 

Thank you!

If you have a look in the EmbyCon addon menu under addons in Kodi you should see a bunch of items referring to Next Up for TV shows and episodes.

Thanks! I am sorry I was too vauge, I meant with the Emby for Kodi addon in Kodi. Or can I integrate EmbyCon with the TV/Movie sections of Kodi? Sorry I am a bit confused as to how things are termed. I was on SageTV for a very long time and then gave Plex a short try but lack of basic features (like iso import support) brought Emby to my attention.

You can use @@im85288 's script to get a next up information at the end of a playing video.

https://github.com/im85288/service.nextup.notification

That looks great and definitely something I want to add but I am not sure if its the Next Up I was thinking of? I was referring to like this:

https://imgur.com/XvsH0Us

Basically the same as Plex's "On Deck" with a strip list of all my next episodes?

Thank you both for your replies!

Edited by silkz

• Solution
sualfred

@@silkz

That's just a widget, sry for my false information.

The best way would be that you use the Embuary skin. It simulates the Emby gui and is compatible to EmbyCon aswell. You will get it out-of-the-box.

@

Not by default. It's possible to create it via addons or smart playlists. And a skin has to support custom widgets to add it. 

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

FYI, grouping in emby is going away. I should be able to release a new beta version for emby for kodi and I think it will correct the scenario where you didn't see all libraries imported into Kodi.

• Like 1

@@silkz

That's just a widget, sry for my false information.

The best way would be that you use the Embuary skin. It simulates the Emby gui and is compatible to EmbyCon aswell. You will get it out-of-the-box.

New project: learning how to apply a skin. Thank you very much!

FYI, grouping in emby is going away. I should be able to release a new beta version for emby for kodi and I think it will correct the scenario where you didn't see all libraries imported into Kodi.

Awesome thanks! I'll keep an eye out for the next beta release. Does this mean it won't matter if I choose to group or not to group in the Emby Server?

OT: Seems like I can only pick 1 "Best answer". 

Edit: Embuary is lit! Thanks again!

Edited by silkz