Tags with Library with multiple hard drives

nuentes

nuentes

I have several drives pooled into a single library. I have tags added for several shows and I use parental controls to filter them from view for certain accounts in Emby. However, when new episodes for these shows begin downloading onto a different drive, the episodes on the newer drive show up in Emby. Can anything be done about this?

Hi, should it show up? Is the newer drive part of your emby library? how did you set it up in emby library setup?

nuentes

This is in my TV library, which has 6 folders added. I only have one library for TV items. Both file paths/drives are within this same library. I had added the tag for the series about a month ago. And now when I pull up the series (which has begun it's 9th season), I only see Season 9 available, and there are no tags added for this series. On my 2nd profile which does not have this series removed, the series shows up correctly as all 9 seasons.

Then it sounds like there has to be a parental control setting at play here. Try going to the user access settings and removing all blocked tags, and then see if that restores it.

I don't think so. Here is the nfo file for the series in the folder for seasons 1-8, and here is the nfo file in the series folder where season 9 is. You can see the tag plainly in the first one, but the tag is not getting generated for this new download path. The season 9 nfo file was created automatically by emby.

Edited by nuentes

I would still suggest removing the blocked tags from the user as a test. parental control is most likely the only explanation here. thanks.

I removed the parental controls for the user. Then checked this shows metadata, and the tag is not appearing. It does show all 8 seasons that are on drive 1, plus the current 9th season which is on drive 2. So it has correctly put all the episodes together, but did not merge the tags. I reapplied the parental control, and there is no change from before.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry - went on vacation.

When I said it did not merge the tags - what I meant was that Emby created and NFO file for the show on the new drive. This new NFO file does not have the tag that is contained for this exact same series on the other drive. So when emby looked at these two paths, it merged the two series into one. However, upon merging the two series, it did not merge the tags (1 tag in 1 location, 0 tags in the other).

Also, I don't know why emby created an NFO file that didn't have the tag in the first place.

Also, I don't know why emby created an NFO file that didn't have the tag in the first place.

What do you mean exactly? The nfo file will write whatever tags you see in Emby.

As I explained, I had seasons 1-8 on one drive. There was a series-level NFO file with tags in this series folder. Some time later, season 9 began downloading to a separate drive. Emby created a series-level NFO file for this folder as well. This NFO file does not contain the tags that are in the seasons 1-8 NFO file. I provided both of these NFO files earlier.

Here is the nfo file for the series in the folder for seasons 1-8, and here is the nfo file in the series folder where season 9 is. You can see the tag plainly in the first one (seasons 1-8), but the tag did not get added to the nfo file in this new download path (season 9). The season 9 nfo file was created automatically by emby at a time where seasons 1-8 already had the tag added.

If you would open the NFO files, you would see that one NFO file has a single tag "filter-andre", and the other NFO file has no tag field at all.

Right OK. the series grouping feature currently only applies at the display level. It's not intended to synchronize the metadata between the two series folders. It's possible to consider looking at that in the future, but that's not what it does today.