PCTV 292e (Hauppauge) - Supported?

/Ky

Hey guys,

Looking at getting the PCTV 292e which is basically a Hauppuage device and just wondered if it is supported out of the box? It seems that it is linux friendly and as its Hauppuage I'm assuming it will be so was just wondering if anyone could let us know before I go ahead and purchase.

Thanks,

/Ky

EDIT: Just a quick thought that I have had, using this I would only theoretically be able to watch one channel at any given time? For example if two people were connected to my server and wanted to watch seperate channels - this would not be possible right? With this tuner at least or am I incorrect??

Edited by /Ky

Hi Ky,

Emby uses the API from WinTV, so if the tuner supports WinTV it should work.

Thanks buddy, I had a feeling it would work but now that I relaise it is only a single tuner I'm looking at the Hauppuage dual tuner :D.

jasonwilliams

No problem.  One word of caution:  I don't think Emby supports multiple tuners at this time.  I could be wrong, but I think you end up with 2 of each channel in your guide when you do this.  I know the Emby team is planning to revamp channel management but I'm not sure if this feature is supported quite yet.

PenkethBoy

works fine with multiple tuners - i have three Hauppauge 

no multi channel issues at all

Edited by PenkethBoy