Can't skip forward past end of show

dranderson402

dranderson402

I over record some shows by an hour. For example, sometime Big Brother will start late due to a sports event. So I set it to end 60 minutes late.

Big Brother is a 60 minute show. If the show actually starts 30 minutes late I can't skip forward past the original 60 minutes of the show. So when I'm 30 minutes in to the show that started 30 minutes late, the emby app shows I'm at the end of the show. I see 0 minutes left on the right side of the progress bar. The left side will show me 1:00:00 and count up as I try to skip forward but it jumps back to 1:00:00 when it starts playing.

Basically I can skip foward as long as I'm within the shows 60 minutes, but I can't if I need to skip forward past the 60 minutes.

The show will continue to play past the 60 minute mark, I just can't skip forward.

I've tried multiple 30 second skips as well as holding down the button for continuous ffwd.

This is using a Nvidia Shield TV with app version 1.6.15

dranderson402

Is this with the recording still in progress?

One time I noticed this I think the recording was still in progress, but most other times it was after the recording ended. So possibility both. Big Brother is on tonight so I will test it both ways.

dranderson402

Sorry guys. We didn't watch BB last night so I wasn't able to test this while the recording was in progress. We will probably watch it tonight so I will be able to test this after the recording is finished. Sunday is the next episode so hopefully I can test this during the recording.

maegibbons

IMHO this must be related to in progress.

If it was just post padding, a completed recording is just a regular video file.

Krs

Mark

dranderson402

Ok, if the recording is finished then everything works fine. The length of the show updates to reflect the extra padding time of 60 minutes and I can fwd or skip forward past the initial hour.

If the recording is still in progress I can't fwd past the first hour.

If I stop the recording I still can't unless I exit playback.

If I exit playback it thinks I watched the entire show and doesn't remember my spot.

I'm watching on Shield TV with the app. I use my mobile app to stop the recording while still watching. But like I said, if I exit playback then emby doesn't mark my spot. Instead it marks it completely watched which I assume it does because I'm at the end of the initial hour.

Is there anyway to have the fwd work past the initial hour? Let it run in to the negative? I thought it did this at one time or another.

If I exit playback it thinks I watched the entire show and doesn't remember my spot.

I'm watching on Shield TV with the app. I use my mobile app to stop the recording while still watching. But like I said, if I exit playback then emby doesn't mark my spot. Instead it marks it completely watched which I assume it does because I'm at the end of the initial hour.

That is actually a separate issue and will be the case everywhere right now.  Saving resume points on in-progress items is something we just haven't gotten to yet.

I think the main issue is slightly related in that, with an in-progress recording we don't have a proper length for the item so we fall back to metadata.  And metadata here is telling us the length without the padding because it is coming from the guide entry.

maegibbons

That is actually a separate issue and will be the case everywhere right now.  Saving resume points on in-progress items is something we just haven't gotten to yet.

I think the main issue is slightly related in that, with an in-progress recording we don't have a proper length for the item so we fall back to metadata.  And metadata here is telling us the length without the padding because it is coming from the guide entry.

Hi @@ebr

You are actually saving the resume point BUT cannot resume an in progress from the resume point - I understand this is work in progress BUT it would be nice if you could now concentrate and complete this functionality.

In relation to the OP surely the length is just the show length from metadata plus pre and post padding.  Not a hard calculation and a relatively easy fix to the OP's issue?

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

In relation to the OP surely the length is just the show length from metadata plus pre and post padding.  Not a hard calculation and a relatively easy fix to the OP's issue?

This is just something we haven't accounted for and I need to ensure the app actually has access to all of that information (the padding).

dranderson402

I understand and can live with it. I can work around the limitations.

I appreciate all you guys do and when you get this worked out it will be another thankful feature.

I've noticed this as well.  I just experience this a couple of times this past weekend watching NFL football.  The Browns game went into overtime (was padded) and Emby would not allow skipping once the original end time was passed during playback even through Emby new it was still recording and had more info yet to be played.

Looking forward to this fix.

PS Emby is saving properly the resume point as I jumped between a few games watching the 1st quarter of each game, then 2nd quarter, etc with no problems.  Great way to skip commercials and half times!

Carlo