Nvidia Shield Pro with Internal Drive

kjohnsonmtg

kjohnsonmtg

I have a Nvidia Shield Pro and I have all of my Movies and TV Shows on the internal hardrive(500 GB) built into the shield directly.  I have installed the Android Server on the Shield and have downloaded the Emby App for Android TV.  However, when I access the Android Server form my Windows 10 PC Laptop through my browser.  The Server will allow me to add a folder, but it can not access the internal hard drive of the shield. I have tried the "IP address/Internal/Movies"  and "//Internal/Movies".  If the android server is looking for another name or etc.  Please let me know.  I would appreciate any help.

EODCrafter

I have a Nvidia Shield Pro and I have all of my Movies and TV Shows on the internal hardrive(500 GB) built into the shield directly.  I have installed the Android Server on the Shield and have downloaded the Emby App for Android TV.  However, when I access the Android Server form my Windows 10 PC Laptop through my browser.  The Server will allow me to add a folder, but it can not access the internal hard drive of the shield. I have tried the "IP address/Internal/Movies"  and "//Internal/Movies".  If the android server is looking for another name or etc.  Please let me know.  I would appreciate any help.

The Directory will not be /internal or //internal unless you created that directory. I just made a Section in my Shield in the Default Download directory called TV and Movies then used Emby Console Library section to navigate to those directories. Do you have the App Explor installed so you can look at the directory structure of the Shield Box? This will help you move your media around and figure out the correct storage locations.

It's also a good idea to get a FTP App for your Shield so you can use FileZilla to transfer files to your Shield the easy way.

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Like 1

It's also a good idea to get a FTP App for your Shield so you can use FileZilla to transfer files to your Shield the easy way.

You shouldn't need to use FTP.  The Shield has the ability to expose its storage as network shares that you can then access with just about any file browser (Windows Explorer).

• Like 1

kjohnsonmtg

Thanks guys.  I had to add the shield to the network as oppose to add my laptop to the shield in order to access the files off the shield.  I have everything up and running now. 

However,  I have one issue left.  I can not access any subtitles.  I am looking for the subtitles section in the Android Server dashboard and I do not see it.  I also looked for the subtitles is the library section where I added my Movies and TV Shows, but do not see it there either.  Therefore, I need you guys help again to find and add subtitles..

EODCrafter

Thanks guys.  I had to add the shield to the network as oppose to add my laptop to the shield in order to access the files off the shield.  I have everything up and running now. 

However,  I have one issue left.  I can not access any subtitles.  I am looking for the subtitles section in the Android Server dashboard and I do not see it.  I also looked for the subtitles is the library section where I added my Movies and TV Shows, but do not see it there either.  Therefore, I need you guys help again to find and add subtitles..

All the subtitles come with my media VIA different Audio tracks. Beyond that you will need more help than I can provide. see @@Luke or @@ebr

kjohnsonmtg

I thought the subtitles down automatically if you have an open subtitles account? or is there a way to download subtitles without the open subtitles account? and if it I need an open subtitles account?  I could not find where to enter the info on the android server dashboard.

EODCrafter

I thought the subtitles down automatically if you have an open subtitles account? or is there a way to download subtitles without the open subtitles account? and if it I need an open subtitles account?  I could not find where to enter the info on the android server dashboard.

I think there is a plugin for that but I don't use it. Open the plugins folder. Also in the Server Dashboard....

5b94f03f2d613_Capture.png

5b946f733ca7b_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

They do. Have you configured subtitle downloading for your emby libraries?

Enable the "Show advanced settings" option, as they're turned off in your 2nd picture.

Also, do you have have the plugin installed and an Open Subtitles account?

kjohnsonmtg

Ok. installed the plugin and added my username and password to the Open Subtitles plugin.  I also scanned my movie libraray again.  However, still no subtitles with my movies.

Ok. installed the plugin and added my username and password to the Open Subtitles plugin.  I also scanned my movie libraray again.  However, still no subtitles with my movies.

The movies have already been imported. Try refreshing one of them.

Did you run the "Download missing Subtitles" Scheduled Task ??

kjohnsonmtg

Thanks everyone..just needed to refresh the individual movies and the Scheduled Task took care of the rest of the movies last night..Thanks again.

• 5 months later...

Edited by Abobader
This user is ban now .