No Movies or TVShows Showing

ptmuldoon

ptmuldoon

Hi,

I am new with Emby, having been using both Kodi and Plex in the past.  And I just setup Emby on a Ubuntu VM within my ESXi setup.  But I can't seem to get Emby to show either my movies or my tvshows.

Little background on my setup.

My Media is maintained in Unraid.

On the fresh Ubuntu 18.04 LTS install, I can mount and navigate the unraid shares.  They are located at /mnt/nasbox/Media on the Ubuntu Install.

In Ember, my Music actually seems to have scanned fine.

Yet after adding Movies and the correct folder, they do not want to show up.

Also, If I try with the Ember app on my android device and visit the Movies and view by Folder, I can see all the folders for each movie.  Yes, it seems nothing is scanning in?

All of my movies and TVShows have existing nfo information already.  Just can't figure out why Emby is not scanning them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ptmuldoon

Hi, what does your folder structure look like?

Nothing fancy in the structure.   Generally works as follows:

Media/Movies/MyMovie (Year)

Media/TvShows/Show/Season 1

Examples

Media/Movies/Caddyshack (1980)/

Media/Movies/Beerfest (2006)/

Media/TVShows/Friends/Season 1/

Media/Music/Rush/[1974] Rush

All of the Media and NFO's was originally setup using Media Companion.  And Plex found and scanned the information correctly as well.  Just can't figure out why Emby doesn't want to find it the videos when it found (I think) all of the music.

Edited by ptmuldoon

ptmuldoon

Well.    Strange.

When I first installed, I setup them up for Movies, TvShows, and Music....... in that order.  and added them all pretty quick.   And when I had removed both the Movies and TVShows Libraries and tried to rea-dd, they still didn't show.

But now so far.........After I removed all libraries including the Music.  On a re-add of the Movies only, they are showing up.  The Movies scan is still running, but so far things looks good.

So maybe safer to add each Library 1 at a time and let the scans complete before adding the next?  Maybe Emby was trying to scan the videos/movies/tvshows as music?

it's hard to say, but if you create the problem again and catch it in the act, then we can review the server log. thanks for the feedback.