IOS Music Not Loading

tomnjerry74

tomnjerry74

IOS 11.3 on iPhone 7+

When I choose a song to play, the loading circle animates indefinitely and the music is never played. My movies play flawlessly.

I'm not sure what other information to give but I will be happy to in order solve this problem

Edited by tomnjerry74

tomnjerry74

Hi, please update to the latest version of the app. Thanks !

Okay, I've updated to version 1.5.8 and am still experiencing the problem.

tomnjerry74

What kind of music are you trying to play?

Sorry, all the music is FLAC. I also have a couple M4A's that yield the same result. I tried setting the playback quality to max, then automatic, as well as 320, 256, and 64 kbps.

Edited by tomnjerry74

stordoff

I am having the same issue

iOS 11.4.1 on iPad

Emby (iOS): 1.5.8

Emby Server: 3.5.2.0 on Windows

Trying to play music on iOS fails (M4As from iTunes - so there shouldn't be any sort of incompatibility). Movies (including raw Blu-ray rips, so it's clearly not a network bandwidth issue) play instantly. Music plays fine from the web client (on another machine).

murrygetsler

I’d like to add that as of the last two iOS releases, I can no longer play any music files from my iOS devices. All other content from local server or Internet plays fine, LiveTV works transcoded, etc. Playback is fine on Rokus attached to various TVs in the home both WiFi and wired.

On iOS, all the album art and song details load but it simply shows the spinning color cycling circle (loading). Was going to finally switch from monthly to lifetime subscription, but this could be dealbreaker.

m.jastrow

same problem here. not the first time i cant use emby for music. (since two emby ios updates).

hint: if your desired standard emby features work, NEVER update as long as possible (server and apps)!!!

tomnjerry74
On 9/4/2018 at 3:48 PM, Luke said:

I apologize for the disruption. We are looking into it, thanks.

After updating this issue has been resolved for me. I can now play-back my music without any trouble.

However, a new issue has arisen.

If you select a music track to play, the information is displayed in the area I highlighted above (as it should). But if you start a different song, the same information for the previous song stays in this highlighted section and does not update to the currently playing song.

Edited by tomnjerry74

murrygetsler

Same for me, just got the update to 1.5.9 and I'm sold, Emby lifetime subscription, here I come!

Can't say enough about how much the developers care about their customers to squash bugs at this rate and pace.  These guys are the epitome of greatness in the software development world!  Any man-made code is bound to have errors, after all to err is human.  What stands out is Emby's customer service and relentless pursuit to make their products and services the best in this space...and yes, this is my testimonial as a paid subscriber.

Edited by murrygetsler