Can't add a Photo Library

adrianwi

adrianwi

I was having this problem a few months ago, and my solution was just to delete the library!

Now the server is much faster running the 3.6.0.31 beta I thought I'd add it back in, but it's still crashing my server when the scheduled scan starts.

In the first log, this is the last line:

2018-09-02 05:17:09.638 Info ImageProcessor: Getting image size for item Photo /media/photos/52 2011/_MG_3020.CR2

When I restarted this morning, I'm seeing this error repeatedly relating to photos:

2018-09-02 06:48:49.025 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /media/photos
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.6.0.31
	Command line: /usr/local/opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz
	Operating system: Unix 11.1.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.10.1.47 (5.10.1.47 Thu Jul 19 02:12:03 UTC 2018)
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/local/opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.IOException: open() error while attempting to process path '/media/photos/52 2011/_MG_3020.CR2', error code = '13'
	System.IO.IOException
	No Stack Trace Available

Most of the photo library is Canon RAW files from a 5D MkII, but they worked in the past albeit very slowly.

Any ideas?

adrianwi

I've given up on this for the time being and removed my photo library, otherwise, the nightly scan crashed emby.

Emby has never played nicely with my 40,000+ images, the majority of which are Canon RAW files.  I thought the speed improvements in the database might have helped, but it doesn't look like it.

adrianwi

If the log files were anonymised, I might be more willing to post them and help fix things like this.

Thanks.

Baenwort

I'd recommend UFRAW to you but you're the one who maintains the FreeNAS emby install recommendation so I'm assuming that it isn't working for you?

I have no problem with my library of Olympus and Panasonic RAW files (~65K total with ~28K RAW) once I added UFRAW to my Emby jail. Have you tinkered with the port options?

I'd recommend UFRAW to you but you're the one who maintains the FreeNAS emby install recommendation so I'm assuming that it isn't working for you?

I have no problem with my library of Olympus and Panasonic RAW files (~65K total with ~28K RAW) once I added UFRAW to my Emby jail. Have you tinkered with the port options?

How did you do that?

CBers

If the log files were anonymised, I might be more willing to post them and help fix things like this.

Thanks.

You know you can anonimise it yourself before uploading ;)

Just use notepad or similar and change your IP ADDRESS, email address and anything else that might identify you to to "REMOVED".

Then save and upload.

Simple.

adrianwi

I know I can manually edit the files and have Sublime Text 2 installed when required, but it takes 10-15 minutes to make sure everything has been changed. 

There should be an option to download a log file without any identifying data when asking for it to be uploaded to a public site.

I did installed the UFRAW port into my emby-server jail, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

adrianwi

The log file doesn't show anything that isn't in the OP.

I'd deleted the photo library, so recreated it at ~20:23 this evening and these are the two lines in the log file:

2018-09-09 20:22:07.213 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.168.50. Time: 55ms. http://IP:8096/emby/LiveTv/Programs/Recommended?userId=a0c8df040c7948c691d73deb6f3c9af8&IsAiring=true&limit=24&ImageTypeLimit=1&EnableImageTypes=Primary%2CThumb%2CBackdrop&EnableTotalRecordCount=false&Fields=ChannelInfo%2CPrimaryImageAspectRatio 
2018-09-09 20:23:07.810 Info ImageProcessor: Getting image size for item Photo /media/photos/folder/file.jpg

There are a few hundred similar 'ImageProcessor' lines which relate to .jpg files and then this is the last in the log file:

2018-09-09 20:23:30.260 Info ImageProcessor: Getting image size for item Photo /media/photos/folder/_MG_3020.CR2

When I checked, the emby service had terminated.

I'll be removing the Photo library, as it's a nice to have for me and I can't have a photo scan crash the entire system.