Unable to record from HDHomerun Premium, Win32 IO returned 50

astyfoo
Go to solution Solved by astyfoo,

I imagine this is more of a LiveTV question but I didn't see a good subforum to put this in, apologies if there was.

Anyway, I have a Synology DS218+ running release 3.5.2.0 and am trying to use the new HDHomeRun Premium TV Service.  I set up the tuner and can see the channels in Live TV and can even watch the channels when I tune to them by hand inside Emby (as well as the normal HDHomerun setup program of course), but for some reason DVR recordings don't seem to be work.  Log file attached, but looking through the log file the main error I seem to be getting when it tries to do the recording is: "System.IO.IOException: Win32 IO returned 50."

[edit: actually clicked attach file]

Log.txt

Edited by astyfoo

• Solution

Wow thank you for the quick reply!  I was sure this wasn't the problem, but of course double checking I had specified the share quota as 5GB instead of TB, which of course it had quickly chewed up.

For posterity in case anyone runs into this, I verified it was a disk issue for sure by connecting to the admin account on the Synology box via SSH and then su'ing to the emby service account, then trying to create a temporary file of some reasonable size in the share and quickly getting the disk quota error.

admin@<ip>'s password:
admin@synology:~$ sudo su -
root@synology:~# su - embysvr -s /bin/sh
embysvr@synology:~$ cd /volume1/Emby/DVR/
embysvr@synology:/volume1/Emby/DVR$ dd if=/dev/zero of=testemptyfile bs=512 count=102400
dd: error writing ‘testemptyfile’: Disk quota exceeded

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1