Netflix Error - Media Browser Theater

lja

snazy2000

I will look in to it when get home tonight. Have you got new Windows 8.1 update 1?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I will look in to it when get home tonight. Have you got new Windows 8.1 update 1?

Using Check for updates, I have all available updates installed. However I do not have update 1 as yet.

Edited by lja

snazy2000

Ok it's not released to public un till tommorow just thought I would check that. The only reason I can think Netflix can't be found is it's not installed correctly could you try uninstalling the app and 're install. All MB T app does is searches and launches :/

Ok it's not released to public un till tommorow just thought I would check that. The only reason I can think Netflix can't be found is it's not installed correctly could you try uninstalling the app and 're install. All MB T app does is searches and launches :/

Uninstalled and reinstalled, no change same error. To confirm where should the netflix app be installed, the server or the pc with mb theater?

snazy2000

The pc with MBT. Can you load Netflix app on your pc with MB T installed?

The pc with MBT. Can you load Netflix app on your pc with MB T installed?

Actually that's where it is.

IcyBergals

I just tried launching Netflix on my Windows 8.1 machine and had quite a few problems.  I'd say I tried opening it roughly 20 times: 50% of the time it would load a search window searching for Netlix, 40% of the time it'd be another variation, such as Netfix and Neflix and it actually opened the Netflix app 2 or 3 times.  If I already had the Netflix app opened and then launched it through MBT it would launch every time, though I only did that 4-5 times.

I'm running version 3.0.5209.29215 of the server and 3.0.5205.37039 of MBT.  

• 9 months later...
gordymc

Hey All.

Searched to no avail.

Is there anyway to get the Netflix App to work in MediaBrowser Theatre running on a Windows 7x64 machine.

I dont want to update to 8.1, as i use Media Centre and WMC Extended to my xBox360 extensively.

Thanks.

No the plugin specifically is targeted towards the windows 8 netflix app. If you're referring to launching netflix within WMC, that's not what it was intended to do. It is open source so someone could add it if they wanted